1970 Mustang Transmission
What is your Mustang end game? We love hearing from customers about their classic Mustang projects. Some are simply looking to keep their cars stock and replace a few worn-out parts. Others are adding some custom touches. Others are building full-out show or race cars and leaving no performance stone unturned. In every single case, we have the parts you need to complete your project. In the case of older cars such as the 1970 Mustang, your plans might involve some transmission repairs and upgrades. A 40-plus-year-old transmission will be showing signs of wear no matter how much it was babied. That is why CJ Pony Parts carries thousands and thousands of parts for your 1970 Mustang, including a complete catalog of transmission parts.
- AOD Conversion Kits
- Automatic Transmission Assemblies
- Backup & Neutral Safety Switches
- Cable & Hydraulic Clutch Conversion Kits
- Clutch Cables
- Clutch Kit
- Clutch Pedals
- Clutch Release Levers
- Driveshafts, Slip Yokes & U-Joints
- Equalizer Bars
- Flywheels & Flexplates
- Kick Down Cables
- Manual Transmissions
- Speedometer Cables
- Speedometer Gears
- T-5 Conversion Kits
- Torque Converters
- Transmission Cooler Lines
- Transmission Crossmembers & Mounts
- Transmission Dipstick & Tubes
- Transmission Hardware
- Transmission Inspection Plates
- Transmission Oil Pans
- Transmission Vacuum Lines & Modulators
- Valve Bodies & Kits
CJ's Low Price:$46.99
CJ's Low Price:$47.97
CJ's Low Price:$159.99
CJ's Low Price:$204.51
CJ's Low Price:$47.99
CJ's Low Price:$364.75
CJ's Low Price:$103.99
CJ's Low Price:$429.99
CJ's Low Price:$106.99
CJ's Low Price:$59.99
CJ's Low Price:$48.99
CJ's Low Price:$155.99
Drop-in Replacement or Parts for a Rebuild?There’s a pretty even split between those customers of CJ Pony Parts. Some want to purchase individual components to rebuild their transmission, and others want a turn-key transmission they can drop into place and use right away. We’re happy to accommodate both types of Mustang enthusiasts.
We have enlisted the help of some major aftermarket brands to help us meet your needs. Offering great prices and fast shipping is important to us. The sooner you have your transmission parts in your hands, the sooner you’re bolting them into place and reaping the benefits of an upgraded 1970 Mustang transmission.
Since the original first-generation Mustang was equipped with an automatic or manual transmission, we provide both options today:
• Automatic transmissions aren’t the most obvious choice for performance, but ask any drag racer their opinion, and they'll tell you that an auto box can result in more consistent launch times.
• Manual transmissions often appeal more to “traditional” classic-car fans, and they can add an extra level of involvement to the driving experience.
Automatic or manual, we can’t make that choice for you. What we can do is provide you with a maximum of choice in transmission parts and hardware. We see a 1970 Mustang that isn’t on the road as a challenge. We want to help you meet your goal of getting it back firing on all cylinders as you row through the gears.