1982 Mustang Superchargers and Nitrous
At CJ Pony Parts, we’re always happy when we can deliver a performance solution at a great price. When it comes to making power, there’s no better bang for your buck than forced induction. The practice of increasing output from an engine by force-feeding it more air (and thereby allowing for the introduction of more fuel) is one of the best ways to boost performance. It’s a proven fact that there’s no better option when it comes to horsepower-per-dollar than forced induction, so take a look at the wide selection of 1982 Mustang superchargers and 1982 Mustang nitrous kits we carry. The wide variety of options makes it easy to build your car for the street, the track, or both!
No results found with selected category filters:Try without category filters
1982 Supercharger Kits
Raise Power Levels without Sacrificing EfficiencyIf you’ve made the decision to equip your car with forced induction, congratulations — you’re about to experience the full potential of your Mustang. But before you do, it’s important to understand the ways that different forced induction systems deliver increased power. At CJ Pony Parts, we stock both 1982 Mustang supercharger kits and 1982 Mustang nitrous kits. Below, we’ll go over some of the advantages of the different types of forced induction.
Superchargers:All of our 1982 Mustang supercharger kits are made by Procharger, one of the most trusted manufacturers of forced induction solutions for the Mustang. Here’s how they work:
• Superchargers provide a power increase throughout the rev range and are always on.
• A supercharger uses a belt, similar to your accessory belts, to drive a blower unit that forces extra air into your motor.
Many of the supercharger kits we carry include intake manifolds and fuel injectors designed to maximize the power gain from your supercharger by opening up the engine’s top end and providing the extra fuel needed for an optimal mixture.
Nitrous Kits:CJ Pony Parts carries over 30 different 1982 Mustang nitrous kits and nitrous accessories from ZEX. Here’s what you can expect if you choose a nitrous kit for forced induction:
• Nitrous injection provides a substantial increase in power when activated by introducing cold nitrous oxide to the combustion chamber of your car. The lower charge temperature allows more air and fuel to mix in the chamber, resulting in increased horsepower.
• While nitrous kits are not on all the time like a supercharger, they can be configured to deliver even larger horsepower gains than most supercharger kits are capable of delivering for short periods. This is why nitrous kits are particularly popular with drag racers, who combine them with highly customized motors to produce huge horsepower numbers.
• Your nitrous kit must be replenished when you run out of nitrous oxide. The nitrous oxide is stored in a bottle, which is included in these kits.
Accessories such as remote bottle openers, bottle warmers, and purge kits also make it easier to use your nitrous without leaving the driver’s seat and keep bottle temperatures optimal to ensure peak performance.
Not the year you are looking for? Check out these years: 1979, 1980, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, or 1993 for additional options.