Ford Racing 450 Horsepower 427 Cubic Inch Crate Engine Featuring X-Heads on a Boss 351 Block with a Rear Sump Oil Pan for 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972 and 1973 Mustangs with Rack and Pinion Steering and 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994 and 1995 Mustangs.
The Ford Racing 351 crate engine is one of the most powerful and reliable engines on the market for Mustangs manufactured between 1965 and 1973. This engine provides 450 horsepower to your vintage pony car, giving it the strength and torque you’ve always wanted in a high-octane, high-performance ride. And because it ships in one complete package, installing your brand-new engine is a snap!
Built on Ford Racing's new Boss 351 block, the X-head 427 crate engine is engineered and built to deliver a strong and flat torque curve. That translates into tire-smoking acceleration for street rods, kit cars and muscle cars. It also delivers power and torque for light duty pickups and SUVs.
Combined with the overall horsepower, this engine delivers an unforgettable kick to your ride that will help turn it into the high-performance muscle car that you’ve always wanted. Its simple and compact design may make it small, but that doesn’t mean it can’t give you the results you need!
Features and Specifications:
- 450 hp @ 5600 rpm
- 520 lb-ft torque @ 4500 rpm
- 351-based small block Ford engine
- Displacement 427 cu. in.
- 4.125" bore x 4.00" stroke
- BOSS 351 9.5" deck block
- SCAT forged steel crankshaft
- SCAT forged steel I-beam connecting rods
- Forged Mahle pistons w/floating wrist pin
- Hydraulic roller camshaft
- .580"/.602" camshaft lift
- Camshaft duration 232/240 @ .050"
- Ford Racing Aluminum 64cc Chamber Cylinder Heads M-6049-X306
- 1.94" intake valves and 1.54" exhaust valves
- 10.5:1 compression ratio
- 1.60:1 ratio roller rocker arms
- Ford Racing cast aluminum black wrinkle finish 427 Cobra script valve covers M-6582-W427B
- Steel 7-quart oil pan with windage tray and scraper
- Long-type standard rotation water pump included
- Distributor not included
- Unleaded premium fuel required
- Maximum recommended rpm: 5600 rpm
- Internal balanced; Use neutral balance flywheel
- Front sump pan fits 1965-1973 Mustangs
- Rear sump pan fits 1979-1995 Mustangs and 1965-1973 Mustangs with rack and pinion
- Can be used in kit cars, street rods, Mustangs, Fox-bodied cars and trucks
- New block, oil and water pumps, performance oil pan and high-performance harmonic balancer
*See M6007X427FFT for a front sump version of this crate engine.
Now that you know how potent your Mustang can be with a 351 crate engine in it, it’s time to make it all happen! We offer this sleek and powerful Ford Racing engine at one of the best prices you can find online. That means you can get the engine that you want without having to break the bank so you can invest in other parts to finish your restoration or upgrade project on your classic ‘Stang.
If you have any questions about the engine, you can contact our team of Mustang experts. They know the ins and outs of all our products, and they’re happy to tell you what you need to know so you can make a smart buy. Plus, whenever you order a part before 5 PM EST, we’ll make sure to ship it on that same day so you can get your hands on your new engine as quickly as possible. We can even do it for free on most orders!
Product ReviewsWrite a review
You Might Also Like
CJ's Low Price:$8,819.99
CJ's Low Price:$8,649.99
Rod & Custom Rack and Pinion/Disc Brake Conversion Kit With Coilover/Tubular A-Arm System Power Steering V8 1965-1973From:CJ's Low Price:$3,299.99
CJ's Low Price:$267.99