Product DescriptionAmerican Autowire Classic Update Kit Complete Wiring Harness for 1969 Mustangs.
The Classic Update Series is a complete wiring system in a box, giving you everything you need to modernize your classic Mustang's wiring system. Allows for most aftermarket accessories such as: gauge packages, heat and air conditioning systems, power windows, etc.
American Autowire's Classic Update Kit's instrument cluster wiring is designed with a separate “cluster harness disconnect” system for easy service and assembly. The best aspect of the disconnect system is that any gauge cluster package can be easily and neatly wired in. This includes JME ENTERPRISES, AUTOMETER, CLASSIC INSTRUMENTS, DAKOTA DIGITAL, STEWART WARNER, and VDO just to name a few.
- Correct replacement headlight switch with internal circuit breaker
- Original Ford styled headlight switch connector
- Headlight enhancement relays allow for high-powered halogen headlights
- Separate relay controlled circuit for cars that have stock or aftermarket fog or driving lamps
- Complete wiring for all running lights, brake lights, directional lights, license lights and third brake lights
- Replacement ignition switch for use with original bezel and tumbler
- Original style ignition switch connector
- Standard turn signal flasher and hazard flasher mounted on fuse panel; horn relay mounted on harness
- New ATO Fuse box fits the in center of the firewall away from header and A/C ducts and allows for easy fuse and circuit breaker accessibility
- All required hardware supplied
- Original switch connector bodies! (Exclusive to American Autowire)
- Separate optional under-dash light sockets along with original dome/interior light wiring
- New floor dimmer switch is provided and mounts in the stock location
- Steering column connectors will plug directly into most aftermarket steering columns. Directions and an adapter with terminals are included for adapting a stock 1969 Mustang steering column.
- Color schematics and easy to understand instructions included
Front lighting includes: extra long leads for special routing when custom under hood appearance is desired. All headlight, park light, fog light, and directional light leads are provided, as well as a switched trigger wire for electric fan relay (usually recommended with AC).
Engine wiring includes: feeds for coil, tach, water temperature, oil pressure, brake warning (with later updated extension if necessary), and electronic speedometer (if necessary). A heavy gauge alternator feed wire is provided for a typical 1 wire high-powered installation. This kit is NOT compatible with original style alternators or points distributors. It’s wired for electronic ignition such as the Pertronix Ignitor.
Rear body wiring includes: backup light lead and ground wires, stop and tail light lead wires with proper focal length sockets, third brake light wire and the correct license plate lead connection for use with your stock tag lamp. Fuel tank sender wire and sending unit extension are also included.
Rear body harness assembly plugs into the main harness behind the left hand kick panel for easy accessibility and allows for original or custom routing.
*This 1969 harness will not work with the factory tachometer unless the tachometer has been updated with modern movement.
*American Autowire recommends this kit for MODIFIED original vehicles, not OEM restoration projects.
*Does NOT support ammeters.
Similar Mustang PartsMore Mustang Wiring Kits
This product will fit the following Ford Mustang years:
- Overall Rating: 4.5 / 5.0
- 2 Reviews
I am an intermediate care restorer, I ordered this kit for my 1969 mustang. I had never done a complete car wiring kit before. Between Cj Pony parts and the excellent instructions by American Autowire, I only called once regarding a connection question. The instructions were easy to follow and provided very detailed color pictures, which helped incredibly. My install is done and I have the peace of mind that my classic is secure and sound with new, fresh up to date wiring that will allow me all types of upgrades. Thank you CJ Pony Parts and American Autowire.
This is a great replacment for old wiring. It comes with everything you need and a lot of extra parts. It took a while to put in and make sure everything was working but well worth it. Also the tech support provided by american autwire was great they knew exactly how to help.
You Might Also Like
CJ's Low Price: $119.99
CJ's Low Price: $117.99