American Autowire Classic Update Complete Wiring Harness Kit for all 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976 and 1977 Broncos.
Probably one of the biggest and most feared steps of any restoration is the wiring. Luckily, American Autowire is here to make it easy with their Classic Update Complete Wiring Harness Kit for all 1966-1977 Broncos. This dynamic kit from American Autowire contains basically every piece of wiring you will need to completely rebuild or replace the existing, worn-out wiring in a classic Bronco.
Kit Contains the Following Components:
- Floor Dimmer Switch
- Practice Terminal Crimping Set
- Ignition Switch
- Fuse, Relay and Flasher Kit
- Dash and Main Harness Kit
- Dash Cluster Kit
- Rear Body Kit
- Headlight Switch
- Windshield Wiper Switch
- Grommet and Parts Kit
- Glove Box Modification Template
American Autowire's Classic Update Kit provides customers with one of the most well-thought-out kits on the market, making the wiring process easier than ever. The Classic Update Series is specifically designed for classic and muscle cars and allows those owners to update the wiring to modern standards after, potentially, decades of deterioration. This kit was designed specifically for the 1966-1977 Bronco, so owners are assured to get a product that fits perfectly and contains all of the accessories and wiring that is necessary.
Detailed Classic Update Complete Wiring Harness Kit Features:
- Wiring harness is laid out and formed to allow for nearly all aftermarket accessories such as gauge packages, heat and air conditioning systems, etc..
- Many original switch connector bodies which is an American Autowire exclusive feature.
- New compact ATO-Style fuse panel that is fully encased in a closed box assembly with a coverlid that mounts inside the glove box (mounting hardware included). The fuse box coverlid is labeled on the inside identifying all circuits by description and their respective fuse ratings. All high amperage output circuits incorporate superior spring steel reinforced terminals.
- Instrument cluster wiring is designed with a cluster harness disconnect system for easy service and assembly. Original terminals and connectors (another American Autowire exclusive) are provided for stock cluster connections. The system will also connect into most popular aftermarket gauges such as Dakota Digital, Classic Instruments, Autometer, VDO and others.
- Standard turn signal flasher, hazard flasher and horn relay are mounted on the harness.
- Steering column connectors can plug directly into most aftermarket steering columns or stock 1966-1977 Ford columns using the adapter and terminals included in the kit.
- Separate under dash courtesy light assemblies are included for use along with your original dome/interior light feeds.
- Rear body harness assembly plugs into the main harness at the left kick panel location and longer leads allow for stock or custom routing of the wires. Rear body wiring includes backup light lead wires and connectors along with stop and tail light lead wires and connectors to mate into the stock Ford tail lights and back up light pigtail assemblies. A license plate light lead connection, as well as fuel tank sender leads and tank extensions for both single and dual tank applications are also included.
- Engine wiring includes feeds for coil, tach, water temperature, oil pressure, electric choke and electric speedometer (if needed). A heavy gauge alternator feed and fusible link are also included for any typical high output 1 wire or internally regulated alternator. Connectors supplied for power and tach leads for GM style H.E.I. distributors along with various oil and temp senders. A Ford Gen III series alternator adapter is available separately.
- Front lighting includes extra long leads that can be routed for stock or optional appearances. All headlight, parking light and directional light leads, along with a switched trigger wire for an electric fan relay (usually recommended with AC) are provided. Mating terminals and connectors are also provided for you to complete your custom installation.
- Windshield wiper switch with indexed connector and motor leads included (must be mated to your stock motor through your windshield frame assembly).
- Ignition switch comes with indexed connector.
- Replacement headlight switch has an internal 25-amp circuit breaker, adjustable length shaft and custom knob.
- Floor dimmer switch is provided for ease of installation. Wire length and connection accommodate original floor mount dimmer switch.
*This wiring harness does not support the use of a factory ammeter.
CJ Pony Parts is proud to offer the American Autowire Classic Update Wiring Kits for our 1966-1977 Bronco customers. American Autowire produces a huge selection of premium-quality wiring harnesses, accessories, kits and other components that any true automotive enthusiast or restorer can appreciate.
Order an American Autowire Classic Update Complete Wiring Harness Kit for your 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976 or 1977 Bronco from CJ Pony Parts today!
Similar Bronco PartsMore Bronco Parts
Product ReviewsWrite a review
You Might Also Like
CJ's Low Price:$350.10
CJ's Low Price:$44.99
CJ's Low Price:$644.99
The American Autowire classic update kit is going to give you everything you need to completely re-wire your '66 through '77 Bronco from front to back. It's going to include a new fuse box with a brand new chassis harness, a new gauge harness, completely new wiring for your lights, front and back, a new ignition switch, a new wiper switch, a new dimmer switch, new headlight switch, and every nut, bolt, wire, grommet, fuse, and relay necessary for installation.
American Autowire is going to include this Ford style electronic wiper switch. This will allow you to convert your vacuum operated wipers to an electronic style. The wiring harness is pre-wired to work with this switch making for a much easier installation.
American Autowire includes really detailed, full color instructions, and every wire is labeled exactly where it's going making what can seem to be an intimidating installation much easier to do.
The American Autowire harness is going to run all of your factory equipment, but also gives you plenty of circuits for additional accessories, including electric fan and electronic ignition.
If you're looking to restore your '66 through '77 Bronco and are not worried about originality, this American Autowire harness makes an excellent upgrade.