COMP Cams Magnum 284HR Retro-Fit Hydraulic Roller Camshaft and Lifters Set with a 2500 to 6000 RPM Range for Mustangs with a Carbureted 289 or 302 Engine.Available with camshaft only, camshaft and lifers, small kit or complete kit.
This retro-fit hydraulic roller camshaft will fit Ford 289 and 302 engines from 1963-1995 that did not come from the factory with hydraulic roller cams.
Magnum camshafts generate great high RPM power. They can be used with mild ratio rocker arms and traditional performance valve springs as they are easy on valve train parts. These camshafts generally like compression ratios of 9.5:1 and higher. A torque converter and gear change is usually required. The larger Magnum cams are a little lazy at low RPMs.
The Magnum 284HR camshaft is intended for Street Machines and limited high performance street use. It's best suited for cars equipped with a 4-speed transmission and 3.40-4.10 gears. Additional modifications with this camshaft would be an aftermarket intake and headers.
- RPM Range: 2500 to 6000
- Valve Timing: 0.006
- Lobe separation (degrees): 110
- Intake Centerline (degrees): 106
- Valve Lash: Hydraulic
- Duration: Intake 284/Exhaust 284
- Duration @ .050" Lift: Intake 224/Exhaust 224
- Valve Lift: Intake 0.533/Exhaust 0.533
- Lobe Lift: Intake 0.333/Exhaust 0.333
- Camshaft (314428) Only
- Camshaft (314428) and Lifters
- Small Kit - Camshaft (314428) Lifters, Timing Chain Set and Assembly Lube
- Complete Kit - Everything in Small Kit plus Valve Springs, Valve Spring Retainers, Valve Locks and Valve Stem Seals
*This camshaft can only be used in 289 and 302 engines, not 302 H.O. blocks due to base circle size.
*Not for electronic fuel injection.
Product ReviewsWrite a review
You Might Also Like
From:CJ's Low Price:$306.86
CJ's Low Price:$1,569.46
CJ's Low Price:$549.95