COMP Cams Magnum 281HR Retro-Fit Hydraulic Roller Camshaft with a 2000 to 5500 RPM Range for Mustangs with a Carbureted 289 or 302 Engine.Available with camshaft only, camshaft and lifers, small kit or complete kit.
This retro-fit hydraulic roller camshaft will fit Ford 289 and 302 engines from 1963-1995 that did not come from the factory with hydraulic roller cams.
Magnum camshafts generate great high RPM power. They can be used with mild ratio rocker arms and traditional performance valve springs as they are easy on valve train parts. These camshafts generally like compression ratios of 9.5:1 and higher. A torque converter and gear change is usually required. The larger Magnum cams are a little lazy at low RPMs.
The Magnum 281HR camshaft is a great choice for Street Machines. It provides the best power increase above 3500 RPM and generates good torque with a mild idle.
- RPM Range: 2000 to 5500
- Valve Timing: 0.006
- Lobe separation (degrees): 110
- Intake Centerline (degrees): 106
- Valve Lash: Hydraulic
- Duration: Intake 281/Exhaust 281
- Duration @ .050" Lift: Intake 220/Exhaust 220
- Valve Lift: Intake 0.512/Exhaust 0.512
- Lobe Lift: Intake 0.322/Exhaust 0.322
- Camshaft (314328) Only
- Camshaft (314328) and Lifters
- Small Kit - Camshaft (314328), Lifters, Timing Chain Set and Assembly Lube
- Complete Kit - Everything in Small Kit plus Valve Springs, Valve Spring Retainers, Valve Locks and Valve Stem Seals
*This camshaft can only be used in 289 and 302 engines not 302 H.O. blocks due to base circle size.
*Not for electronic fuel injection.
You Might Also Like
From:CJ's Low Price:$294.99
CJ's Low Price:$1,569.46
CJ's Low Price:$639.95