Dynacorn Rear Window Panel In Weld-Thru Primer for 1965-1966 Fastback Mustangs.Dynacorn's rear window panel is a direct replacement for your rust damaged original. Constructed from high-quality stamped steel with a weld-thru primer finish.
The rear window panel is located between the rear window and the trunk lid.
Advantages of Weld-Thru Primer:
- Reduces prep time when welding new parts to new parts that are both covered in the weld thru primer
- Reduced spatter
- Lower distortion of the panels
- Superior conductive properties that help minimize high heat zone problems
- Eliminates corrosion that would form between overlapped panels or multi-layered spot welds
- Helps when welding a new panel to old metal
- Lower resistance at the weld surface allows better penetration into the denser, new steel that helps forgive an old alloy's problems with porosity and impurities
- Helps prevent resin build up between welds that can trap moisture in the old porous steel that leads to failure at the weld borders
Product ReviewsWrite a review
Dynacorn Rear Window Panel In Weld-Thru Primer Fastback 1965-1966 is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 4 out of 5 by ethansen from Overall, a quality panel I buy the Dynacorn parts because I have an expectation of a higher quality part than the alternatives. In general, this part delivered. I needed this replacement for a 1965 fastback. I don't know if this part is more appropriate for 1966 models or if it's just a bit different for tooling considerations, but there is some variation from the part that came out. The edge of the panel that forms the lower section of the rear window was different. In the original panel, it is a 90 degree bend down to the pinch weld area. This unit was more of a taper at maybe 45-60 degrees. Also, on my original, the window clips were screwed to the panel. This unit has studs for use with what I expect is a slightly different clip. I'm going forward hoping that the clips are interchangeable, but I won't know until after paint if it all worked out. The remainder of the contours were good and the weld-through primer finish was excellent. Overall, I'm happy with the unit. I spent a few hours worried about the fit, because the panel alignment was horrible when I aligned the gaps of the trunk lid. Eventually, I put the original piece back in and found that the alignment was terrible from the factory. I was just duplicating what was already there.
Date published: 2016-05-08
Does the Dynacorn rear window panel have the posts for the clip on moulding fasteners or are they screw in clips? Mike
The Dynacorn panel has the posts.
Date published: 2016-05-09
You Might Also Like
CJ's Low Price:$199.99
CJ's Low Price:$199.99
CJ's Low Price:$97.99