Eastwood Engine Porting Kit.When serious engine builders "blueprint" an engine, they'll "port" or smooth-off rough head castings around the intake and exhaust ports for improved, smoother air flow. The engine can then "breathe" easier, resulting in greater power and efficiency.
Internal combustion engines are sophisticated air pumps that pull in an air/fuel mixture, compress it, ignite it, react to the ignition and expel the exhaust fumes. The better an engine pumps air, the more efficiently it will operate. This is one reason why we've seen a turn to multi-valve engines in recent years. More valves means more air moving through the engine. More air means greater engine efficiency - both more power and better fuel economy.
When you "port" an engine, you remove imperfections and restrictions between the combustion chamber and intake manifold and, therefore, increase air flow. This is done by 1) "smoothing" (or, grinding) the passages in the intake manifold so that they are the same size as the gasket and cylinder head, and 2) removing "rough cast" or "flash" imperfections in the cylinder heads and exhaust manifolds.
Features and Benefits:
- Increase horsepower and torque on any engine
- Industrial Aluminum Oxide sanding rolls, designed for both cast iron and aluminum cylinder heads
- Highest quality components on the market today
- Detailed instructions allow you to port both heads in an evening
- Developed to work with air or electric 1/4" Collet die grinders
- Lowest cost "complete" professional level kit available
- Forty 80-grit Abrasive Rolls (20 tapered and 20 cylindrical)
- 4 Mandrels (2 each: 4" and 6" lengths)
Tech Tip: For best results use a high-speed grinder. To remove more aggressively, use carbide burrs.
Similar Mustang PartsMore Engine Hardware
This product will fit the following Ford Mustang years:
Product ReviewsWrite a review
You Might Also Like
CJ's Low Price:$22.99
CJ's Low Price:$21.99