Eastwood 8 Ounce Bottle of HotCoat Platinum Powder.If you want the absolute best powder for your powder coating project. Look to Eastwood with their full line of unique HotCoat Powder colors!
Eastwood's HotCoat Powder is exclusively formulated for the Eastwood HotCoat System. It is optimized to promote optimum static charge for uniform coverage and a superior overall finish. Available in a wide variety of powder styles including metallic, gloss, flat, textured and translucent.
Powder coating is far superior to any other finish available. It's more resistant to chipping, scratches, fading and wear than other finish. The color options are virtually unlimited, with high and low gloss, metallic, and clear finishes available. With the UV resistant qualities of many of the powders, colors stay bright and vibrant longer. Texture selections range from smooth surfaces to a wrinkled or matte finish, plus rough textures designed for hiding surface imperfections.
Powder Coating Benefits:
- Extremely Durable Finish
- Coat and Cure in Under 1 Hour
- Easy to Apply
- Quick Color Changes
- Contains No Environmentally Harmful Solvents
HotCoat Powder Color Options:
- Argent Silver Base
- Black Chrome: Best over chrome and other buffed metal surfaces
- Black Wrinkle: Semi-rough texture
- Blasted Aluminum: Silver textured surface like abrasive blasted aluminum with a sparkle
- Bright Red
- Bright Yellow
- Cast Aluminum
- Cast Iron
- Chevy Orange/Vermillion
- Flat Black
- Ford Dark Blue
- Ford Light Blue
- Full Gloss Clear
- Gloss White
- High-Gloss Black
- Lime Green
- Mirror Black
- OEM Wheel Sparkle Silver
- Platinum: Cures to a smooth medium silver that resembles platinum
- Rally Wheel Silver
- Reflective Chrome: Most reflective powder available
- Satin Black
- Satin Clear
- Semi-Gloss Black
- Semi-Gloss Clear: Provides a 50% gloss level
- Single Stage Reflective Chrome: Durable, glossy, near-chrome appearance
- Super-Gloss Clear
- Translucent Blue
- Translucent Green
- Translucent Red
Eastwood's HotCoat Powder is packed in 8 ounce net weight plastic bottles. One 8 ounce bottle of powder covers the same area as 2-3 cans of spray paint. Clean-up is easy, since you can just simply sweep-up the over-sprayed powder.
Please Note: Certain HotCoat Powders require extra steps during the coating or curing process. Most of the powders cure at 400F for 20 minutes transitioning from a dry powder to a liquid look. Please check the list below for additional information.
- Translucent powders work best when used over chrome, polished metal, Argent Silver Base (PCASB), or Reflective Chrome (PCRC).
- Reflective Chrome powders must be top-coated with a Full Gloss Clear (PCFGC), Super Gloss Clear (PCGC) or a Translucent finish to prevent tarnishing.
- Single Stage Reflective Chrome Powders do not require a clear topcoat, yet produce a durable, glossy, near-chrome appearance without tarnishing.
- Full Gloss Clear powders must be cured at 350F (177C) for 20 minutes.
- Black Chrome powders can be used over Reflective Chrome (PCRC).
This product will fit the following Ford Mustang years:
Product ReviewsWrite a review
Eastwood HotCoat Powder Platinum 8 Ounce Bottle is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Yellow3000GT from Beautiful Bright Silver, but wasteful I bought this Platinum powder(and a few others) to brighten all the nasty 22 year old aluminum in my engine bay. I couldn't be happier. The color is MUCH brighter than the image on Eastwood's site, it looks like a dull gray, but is actually a light silver especially in sunlight. But there is a negative to this powder, it clumps on the gun while using, so you must constantly tap off the excess or risk a clump falling on your part. Not a big deal, but does waste a good amount of powder. Overall I highly recommend.
Date published: 2016-04-23
Rated 4 out of 5 by Rev Ryder from Hopefully this will help folks I bought this powder to coat my Porsche phone dial wheels. I chose this powder based on A.) the name of the color since Platinum is a very light metal. and B.) Customer reviews that said it was much lighter than the picture in the catalog.as well as the comments it did not need a clearcoat (many silvers require a clearcoat to prevent the metal from oxidizing). Perhaps I assumed too much since I expected a light, bright silver and a shiny finish. Wrong on both counts. THIs powder never really looks liquid while baking since it has a low gloss sheen. And the color is nearly identical to the color of my wheels when sandblasted. It is slightly darker than that and only a shade or two lighter than the color on my monitor in the catalog. So I did clearcoat them to smooth and shine them up, but the color choice is still unfortunate. THe name needs to be more like gunmetal gray than platinum. All of that said, the powder shot well, covered well, and did what it ought to do. I should probably give it five stars, but I think the description and the reviews are misleading. I've used paint that resembles this called Cast Blast as it resembles freshly blasted cast iron.
Date published: 2016-08-17
Rated 3 out of 5 by kwsullivan from Silver Much lighter than shown in the image. I'd call it silver.
Date published: 2016-05-17