Flaming River Manual Steering Rack and Pinion Upgrade for 2005-2014 Mustangs.Flaming River's customers asked for it and they delivered. Introducing the 2005-2014 Mustang Manual Rack & Pinion! The newest addition to Manual Rack & Pinion steering is lighter than the factory Mustang power system, reducing vehicle weight by 10-15 lbs. (depending on vehicle specifications) by eliminating hoses, pulleys and pumps. Also, the billet aluminum mounting brackets can be adjusted to modify the pinion angle for large tube headers and engine swaps in custom applications.
This Flaming River manual rack is best suited for the all out drag racer that wants to save some weight while offering a better and more precise steering feel at the top end.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Bolts into the same mounting location as OEM Power Rack
- Save 10-15 lbs by eliminating hoses, pulleys and pumps
- Billet aluminum mounting brackets can be adjusted to modify the pinion
- 54-1/2" overall length
- 3-3/4" turns lock to lock
- 14" mounts center to center
- 1/2" diameter mounting holes
- 9/16"-26 spline pinion shaft
- 13" inner ends
- M14 X 1.5 X 2.5" inner tie rod end thread
- Must use part (FR1709DD) to attach to the stock steering column
*Note: This manual steering rack is an option for 2005-2010 Mustangs that are swapping over to the new 2011+ 5.0L motor. The 2011-2014 5.0L has electric steering and does not require a steering pump. The only power steering pump bracket available for the new 5.0L replaces the A/C compressor. So you either lose air conditioning or you lose power steering, this manual steering rack is for anyone that does not want to lose the use of their air conditioner.
*This specific Rack requires a 9/16"-26 U-Joint for installation.
Product ReviewsWrite a review
You Might Also Like
CJ's Low Price:$84.99
CJ's Low Price:$499.95
CJ's Low Price:$104.95