Ford Racing 363CID Boss 302 Front Sump Crate Engine with 500 Horsepower.
Following the old Hot Rodding adage that there is no substitute for cubes, Ford Racing takes the popular 302 based stroker to the max with the 500 horsepower Z363 crate engine. By taking the bore out to 4.125", the displacement of the popular 347 stroker has been increased to 363 cubic inches. Combined with an improved Mahle piston, the Z363 makes 50 more horsepower and 50 lb. ft. of torque than the Z347 that it replaces. Nothing but the best parts are used inside including: forged crankshaft, forged I-beam connecting rods with floating piston pins and a high performance oiling system.
Built with the BOSS 302 block and Z304D aluminum heads, Z363 fits many of the vehicles originally built with a 289 or 302 8.2" deck height block. Ford Racing Engineers designed Z363 to work both on the street and the strip with a strong torque curve that delivers over 390 lb. ft. from 3500 to the 6500 rpm redline. With a compression ratio of 10.0:1, Z363 runs on unleaded premium pump gas.
*This front sump crate engine will work with 1965-1973 Mustangs.1979-newer Mustangs are equipped to work with rear sump engines and will require the rear sump version of this engine.
Engine Specs and Features:
- 500 hp @ 6500 rpm
- 450 lb-ft @ 5300 rpm
- Engine type: 302 based small block ford
- Displacement (cu in): 363
- Bore x stroke (in): 4.125" bore x 3.400" stroke
- Block: Boss 302 8.2 deck
- Crankshaft: SCAT Forged Steel
- Connecting rods: SCAT forged steel I-beam connecting rods
- Pistons: Forged Mahle
- Camshaft type: Hydraulic Roller
- Camshaft lift (in): .580"/.602"
- Camshaft duration (@.050 in): 232/240
- Cylinder Heads (p/n M-6049-Z304DA): Ford Racing Aluminum "Z" Cylinder Heads
- Valve size (in): 2.02" intake 1.60" exhaust
- Compression ratio: 10.1:1 (nominal)
- Rocker arms: Roller Rockers
- Rocker arm ratio: 1.65:1
- Vibration Damper - Ford Racing SFI Approved
- Valve covers: Ford Racing cast aluminum black wrinkle finish w/ Boss Script (M-6582-BOSS)
- Oil pan: High performance T-sump front 7 quart capacity and windage tray/scraper
- Water pump: Edelbrock hi-performance
- Distributor: Not included
- Recommended fuel: Premium unleaded
- Ignition timing: 32 BTDC at 4,000 RPM
- Maximum recommended rpm: 6,500
- Balanced: Internal
- Intake: Not included
Note: Engine power rating based on long tube headers, Edelbrock intake manifold #2928 Super Victor w/ 750 Holley carb and 1" carburetor spacer.
Similar Mustang PartsMore Crate Engines & Cylinder Blocks
Product ReviewsWrite a review
what is the different in M-6007-Z363FT and M-6007-Z363RT
Will this engine take 15psi boost ?
You Might Also Like
CJ's Low Price:$8,819.99
CJ's Low Price:$328.95
CJ's Low Price:$324.99
Regular Price: $31.99
Special Price: $27.19