Mustang Ford Racing Crate Engine 427Ci Boss 351 Block With X Heads 450Hp Front Sump
Part Number: M-6007-X427FFT
Ford Racing 450hp 427ci Crate Engine Featuring X Heads on a Boss 351 Block with Front Sump Oil Pan for 1965-1973 Mustangs.
Built on Ford Racing’s new BOSS 351 block, the X-head 427 crate engine is engineered and built to deliver a strong and flat torque curve. That translates into tire-smoking acceleration for street rods, kit cars and muscle cars. It also delivers power and torque for light duty pickups and SUVs.
Features and Specifications:
- 450 hp @ 5600 rpm
- 520 lb-ft torque @ 4500 rpm
- 351-based small block Ford engine
- Displacement 427 cu. in.
- 4.125" bore x 4.00" stroke
- BOSS 351 9.5" deck block
- SCAT® forged steel crankshaft
- SCAT® forged steel I-beam connecting rods
- Forged Mahle® pistons w/floating wrist pin
- Hydraulic roller camshaft
- .580"/.602" camshaft lift
- Camshaft duration 232°/240° @ .050"
- Ford Racing Aluminum 64cc Chamber Cylinder Heads M-6049-X306
- 1.94" intake valves and 1.54" exhaust valves
- 10.5:1 compression ratio
- 1.60:1 ratio roller rocker arms
- Ford Racing cast aluminum black wrinkle finish 427 Cobra script valve covers M-6582-W427B
- Steel 7-quart oil pan with windage tray and scraper
- Long-type standard rotation water pump included
- Distributor not included
- Unleaded premium fuel required
- Maximum recommended rpm: 5600 rpm
- Internal balanced; Use neutral balance flywheel
- Front sump pan fits 1965-1973 Mustangs
- Rear sump pan fits 1979-1995 Mustangs and 1965-1973 Mustangs with rack and pinion
- Can be used in kit cars, street rods, Mustangs, Fox-bodied cars and trucks
- New block, oil and water pumps, performance oil pan and high-performance harmonic balancer
*See M6007X427FRT for a rear sump version of this crate engine.