Ford Racing 575 Horsepower 460 Cubic Inch Crate Engine with a Boss 351 Block and Rear Sump Oil Pan.Perhaps you want big block power but don't have the space for a big block. Now you can get big block displacement in a small block package. Ford Racing's Z460 crate engine is the biggest small block Windsor crate engine ever created. The foundation of the Z460 is Ford Racing's legendary Boss 351 block with premium internal components from the best aftermarket companies. A SCAT forged steel crankshaft, SCAT forged H-beam connecting rods, forged Mahle pistons and Clevite bearings offer high strength and durability to contain the massive amounts of horsepower and torque. The engine is topped off with high port/high flow Ford Racing Z-Heads. The large cubic inch displacement motor pumps out 575 HP and 575 TQ. Every Ford Racing Z460 engine is hand assembled in the US with strict performance clearances.
Engine Specs and Features:
- Ford Boss 351 block with 9.5" deck height
- Displacement: 460 cubic inches
- Bore x Stroke: 4.150" x 4.250"
- SCAT forged steel crankshaft
- SCAT 6.125" forged steel H-beam connecting rods
- Mahle forged pistons with floating wrist pins
- Camshaft type: Hydraulic roller
- Camshaft lift: .594"/.618"
- Camshaft duration (@ 0.050"): 242°/248°
- Ford Racing M-6049-Z304DA aluminum "Z" cylinder heads
- Valve size: 2.02" intake/1.60" exhaust
- Compression ratio: 10.0:1
- Rocker arms: Ford Racing M-6562-F31 roller rocker arms
- Rocker arm ratio: 1.65:1
- Vibration damper: Ford Racing M-6316-D302 SFI approved
- Valve covers: Ford Racing cast aluminum painted silver
- Oil pan: Steel deep rear sump (7 quart) pan with louvered windage tray and crankshaft scraper
- Water pump: Ford Racing M-8501-G351 - long type - standard rotation
- Ford Racing M-9439-A50 intake manifold gaskets
- Premium unleaded fuel required
- Ignition timing: 32° at 4,000 RPM
- Maximum recommended RPM: 5,600 RPM
- Internally balanced: Neutral
- Recommended intake: Edelbrock Part # 2924 Super Victor (Not included)
- New oil pump and water pump
- Engine power ratings achieved with Edelbrock Super Victor intake, Holley 850 CFM carburetor, long tube headers
- Depending on your application, a different timing cover, water pump, performance oil pan and pickup may be required
- Includes a performance oil pan and pick-up, standard rotation timing chain cover, M-8501-G351 standard rotation water pump and non-EFI valve covers
- M-6059-D351 timing chain cover will work with most standard rotation water pumps.
- Crankshaft damper M-6416-D302 may require a spacer for pulley alignment
- Flywheel not included. The engine is neutrally balanced
- Firing order: 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 (5.0L HO and 351W firing order)
*Distributor not included. Steel distributor gear required.
*Flywheel not included. Neutral balanced flywheel required.
Product ReviewsWrite a review
Hello would it fit in a 68 fastback and 4 speed toploader? Thank you for your time. jim
You should be fine. Check out our crate engine installation on YouTube. That will give you a good idea of what the process may be on a 1968 Fastback Mustang, here: https://youtu.be/OoNWu6OrL7A
Date published: 2015-11-30
would this engine bolt right in a 1981 mustang with a 67 toplaoder 4 spd
This engine will fit but most of the supporting systems will have to be modified or changed to get everything working correctly.
Date published: 2015-11-25
will this engine fit in a 2005 Mustang GT? will the current transmission and rear handle the additional hp? Thanks
It would in NO way shape or form be a direct swap. This would require massive amounts of fabrication. And chances are your transmission and rear would not handle the additional horsepower. With that being said, with enough money, time and patience anything is possible. But this is something we could NOT advise or help you out on.
Date published: 2015-11-20
Considering a engine swap into my 79 mustang 351W with either the ford racing 460 cid boss 351 block 575 hp rear sump or possibly the ford racing 427 cid 535 hp small block rear sump crate motor,usage is 1/4 mile drag racing.What is the weight difference
It seems as thought the 427 ends up being about 100 lbs. heavier then the 460.
Date published: 2015-11-12
Will this engine fit a 2012 3.7 mustang?
That would not be a direct swap, I couldn't tell you what all is involved, but it would require a lot of custom work.
Date published: 2015-10-26
Can I drop this engine into a 2003 mustang GT? If not what would it take to do so? I'm going for fuel injection.
This isn't EFI; this is carbureted, so this likely isn't what you want.
Date published: 2015-10-10
will this engine fit in a 1964 falcon sprint 4speed?
Unsure. My guess is probably not - I don't think the engine bay is going to be big enough. However, we've never tested this in a Falcon, meaning I could be wrong.
Date published: 2015-04-01
Will This Engine Fit In A Mustang 1978 , And This Engine Is Need Distributor , Flywheel And That Is Or Need What For Complete Engine To Start ?
You Might Also Like
CJ's Low Price:$246.99
CJ's Low Price:$8,549.99