Ford Racing 575 Horsepower 460 Cubic Inch Crate Engine with a Boss 351 Block and Rear Sump Oil Pan.Perhaps you want big block power but don't have the space for a big block. Now you can get big block displacement in a small block package. Ford Racing's Z460 crate engine is the biggest small block Windsor crate engine ever created. The foundation of the Z460 is Ford Racing's legendary Boss 351 block with premium internal components from the best aftermarket companies. A SCAT forged steel crankshaft, SCAT forged H-beam connecting rods, forged Mahle pistons and Clevite bearings offer high strength and durability to contain the massive amounts of horsepower and torque. The engine is topped off with high port/high flow Ford Racing Z-Heads. The large cubic inch displacement motor pumps out 575 HP and 575 TQ. Every Ford Racing Z460 engine is hand assembled in the US with strict performance clearances.
Engine Specs and Features:
- Ford Boss 351 block with 9.5" deck height
- Displacement: 460 cubic inches
- Bore x Stroke: 4.150" x 4.250"
- SCAT forged steel crankshaft
- SCAT 6.125" forged steel H-beam connecting rods
- Mahle forged pistons with floating wrist pins
- Camshaft type: Hydraulic roller
- Camshaft lift: .594"/.618"
- Camshaft duration (@ 0.050"): 242°/248°
- Ford Racing M-6049-Z304DA aluminum "Z" cylinder heads
- Valve size: 2.02" intake/1.60" exhaust
- Compression ratio: 10.0:1
- Rocker arms: Ford Racing M-6562-F31 roller rocker arms
- Rocker arm ratio: 1.65:1
- Vibration damper: Ford Racing M-6316-D302 SFI approved
- Valve covers: Ford Racing cast aluminum painted silver
- Oil pan: Steel deep rear sump (7 quart) pan with louvered windage tray and crankshaft scraper
- Water pump: Ford Racing M-8501-G351 - long type - standard rotation
- Ford Racing M-9439-A50 intake manifold gaskets
- Premium unleaded fuel required
- Ignition timing: 32° at 4,000 RPM
- Maximum recommended RPM: 5,600 RPM
- Internally balanced: Neutral
- Recommended intake: Edelbrock Part # 2924 Super Victor (Not included)
- New oil pump and water pump
- Engine power ratings achieved with Edelbrock Super Victor intake, Holley 850 CFM carburetor, long tube headers
- Depending on your application, a different timing cover, water pump, performance oil pan and pickup may be required
- Includes a performance oil pan and pick-up, standard rotation timing chain cover, M-8501-G351 standard rotation water pump and non-EFI valve covers
- M-6059-D351 timing chain cover will work with most standard rotation water pumps.
- Crankshaft damper M-6416-D302 may require a spacer for pulley alignment
- Flywheel not included. The engine is neutrally balanced
- Firing order: 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 (5.0L HO and 351W firing order)
*Distributor not included. Steel distributor gear required.
*Flywheel not included. Neutral balanced flywheel required.
Product ReviewsWrite a review
Is it possible to run a modern car without an ECU or only have the ECU controlling electric components? I understand the engine does not support EFI. And would this engine work with a 2013 Mustang GT?
With enough money, patience and time; anything is possible. What you are asking would take a tremendous amount of work, all of which we could NOT help or advise you on.
Date published: 2016-04-28
Would this setup be recommended for my 65 mustang and if so what auto tranny would u recommend with it? Thx for the info.
This would be great in your '65 Mustang, but you would have to convert it to a front sump setup. That would require you to change the oil pan and oil pump pickup and a few other small components, but nothing major. In regards to what automatic transmission we would recommend, you could use anything that is designed for a 351 Block but you would need something that can handle the power. I would check out P/N: TRANS42, here: http://www.cjponyparts.com/performance-automatic-4r70w-electronic-street-smart-package-289-302-351/p/TRANS42/
Date published: 2016-03-10
Could this engine fit in a 1969 or 1966 Shelby Mustang GT350? Would the current transmission and rear handle the additional hp? Thank You for your time :)
If you are using factory front suspension, you will have to swap out the oil pan and pickup to a front sump setup. If you are running a aftermarket front suspension designed for a rear sump setup, this could be a direct swap for you. As far as your current transmission and rear handling the additional horsepower, that is a gamble. It may or it may not. To ensure that they would, we would recommend upgrading the internal components to accommodate the additional power.
Date published: 2016-03-04
Will this engine fit in a 1957 Ford Thunderbird with a 4 speed?
I'm sure it will fit but since we do not deal with the thunderbird line we don't know what other parts would be needed to make it work.
Date published: 2015-12-28
Hello would it fit in a 68 fastback and 4 speed toploader? Thank you for your time. jim
You should be fine. Check out our crate engine installation on YouTube. That will give you a good idea of what the process may be on a 1968 Fastback Mustang, here: https://youtu.be/OoNWu6OrL7A
Date published: 2015-11-30
would this engine bolt right in a 1981 mustang with a 67 toplaoder 4 spd
This engine will fit but most of the supporting systems will have to be modified or changed to get everything working correctly.
Date published: 2015-11-25
will this engine fit in a 2005 Mustang GT? will the current transmission and rear handle the additional hp? Thanks
It would in NO way shape or form be a direct swap. This would require massive amounts of fabrication. And chances are your transmission and rear would not handle the additional horsepower. With that being said, with enough money, time and patience anything is possible. But this is something we could NOT advise or help you out on.
Date published: 2015-11-20
Considering a engine swap into my 79 mustang 351W with either the ford racing 460 cid boss 351 block 575 hp rear sump or possibly the ford racing 427 cid 535 hp small block rear sump crate motor,usage is 1/4 mile drag racing.What is the weight difference
It seems as thought the 427 ends up being about 100 lbs. heavier then the 460.
Date published: 2015-11-09
You Might Also Like
CJ's Low Price:$248.99
CJ's Low Price:$9,699.99