Ford Performance 575 Horsepower 460 Cubic Inch Crate Engine with a Boss 351 Block and Rear Sump Oil Pan.
Perhaps you want big block power but don't have the space for a big block. Now you can get big block displacement in a small block package. Ford Performance's Z460 crate engine is the biggest small block Windsor crate engine ever created. The foundation of the Z460 is Ford Performance's legendary Boss 351 block with premium internal components from the best aftermarket companies. A SCAT forged steel crankshaft, SCAT forged H-beam connecting rods, forged Mahle pistons and Clevite bearings offer high strength and durability to contain the massive amounts of horsepower and torque. The engine is topped off with high port/high flow Ford Performance Z-Heads. The large cubic inch displacement motor pumps out 575 HP and 575 TQ. Every Ford Performance Z460 engine is hand assembled in the US with strict performance clearances.
Engine Specs and Features:
- Ford Boss 351 block with 9.5" deck height
- Displacement: 460 cubic inches
- Bore x Stroke: 4.150" x 4.250"
- SCAT forged steel crankshaft
- SCAT 6.125" forged steel H-beam connecting rods
- Mahle forged pistons with floating wrist pins
- Camshaft type: Hydraulic roller
- Camshaft lift: .594"/.618"
- Camshaft duration (@ 0.050"): 242°/248°
- Ford Performance M-6049-Z304DA aluminum "Z" cylinder heads
- Valve size: 2.02" intake/1.60" exhaust
- Compression ratio: 10.0:1
- Rocker arms: Ford Performance M-6562-F31 roller rocker arms
- Rocker arm ratio: 1.65:1
- Vibration damper: Ford Performance M-6316-D302 SFI approved
- Valve covers: Ford Performance cast aluminum painted silver
- Oil pan: Steel deep rear sump (7 quart) pan with louvered windage tray and crankshaft scraper
- Water pump: Ford Performance M-8501-G351 - long type - standard rotation
- Ford Performance M-9439-A50 intake manifold gaskets
- Premium unleaded fuel required
- Ignition timing: 32° at 4,000 RPM
- Maximum recommended RPM: 5,600 RPM
- Internally balanced: Neutral
- Recommended intake: Edelbrock Part # 2924 Super Victor (Not included)
- New oil pump and water pump
- Engine power ratings achieved with Edelbrock Super Victor intake, Holley 850 CFM carburetor, long tube headers
- Depending on your application, a different timing cover, water pump, performance oil pan and pickup may be required
- Includes a performance oil pan and pick-up, standard rotation timing chain cover, M-8501-G351 standard rotation water pump and non-EFI valve covers
- M-6059-D351 timing chain cover will work with most standard rotation water pumps.
- Crankshaft damper M-6416-D302 may require a spacer for pulley alignment
- Flywheel not included. The engine is neutrally balanced
- Firing order: 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 (5.0L HO and 351W firing order)
*Distributor not included. Steel distributor gear required.
*Flywheel not included. Neutral balanced flywheel required.
If you're looking for parts for your 1964-2016 Mustang, you should start by looking at the more than 750 Mustang parts that CJ Pony Parts offers from Ford Performance (formerly Ford Racing). By buying your Ford Performance parts from CJ Pony Parts, you know you're getting your Mustang parts from a reliable, reputable dealer, since CJ Pony Parts is a Top 10 Ford Performance Dealer and has been for the last 10 years.
Order this Ford Performance 575 Horsepower 460 Cubic Inch Crate Engine with a Boss 351 Block and Rear Sump Oil Pan from CJ Pony Parts today!
Product ReviewsWrite a review
Which headers can I use with this motor? I was thinking of using the Hooker headers for the 351 W (Hooker Headers: 6901-1HKR). Or should I be looking for headers that fit a 460? Thanks
hi which will be the best distributor to use with this engine and do u sell in a kit form thanks
this motor fit a 1992 ford mustang gt 5.0, sorry about my question but I don't know too much about motors
I've done a mustang II front end, would I still need swap headers? Thanks
What headers would you recommend using for this motor? Going in a 1965 coupe. Also, assuming that I use a standard or low pro air cleaner, will this fit under the factory hood without a hood scoop? Thanks!
Interested in 460 small block crate engine. Just confused about it having a super victor intake, cam good till approx 6800 rpm and states 5600 max rpm.
What intake, EFI set-up, distributor, would you recommend with the 460, 351, 535hp. I'm building a older street rod. Will the short tube headers work? What other modifications would you recommend .
The 460, 351, 575 HP. How would this work with Hollys HP EFI? What HP could I expect with 45# injectors?
You Might Also Like
CJ's Low Price:$256.00
CJ's Low Price:$10,400.00
CJ's Low Price:$537.95
CJ's Low Price:$149.99