Forgotten Fastback recieves a new gas tank
The progress on the Forgotten Fastback is progressing. The next step on this restoration of our 1965 Ford Mustang fastback is to install a brand new fuel tank. While our Mustang fastback isn't quite ready to receive or use any fuel yet, the fuel tank's installation is an important step before we install fuel and brake lines, which is next. See how to install the fuel tank in Bill's latest video.
New Front & Rear Valences installed on our 1965 Mustang Fastback!
After installing the brakes and suspension, we could finally remove our Forgotten Fastback from the rotisserie and finish up the body work with the installed of new front and rear valences. Bill shows us how easy this is done and tell us about the products he chose to install onto our 1965 Ford Mustang fastback.
Adding SSBC Front Disc Brakes to the Forgotten Fastback
After we finished working on the front suspension of our 1965 Mustang fastback in the prevoius video, the next step was to add new SSCB Front Disc Brakes. While this kit wasn't stock on 1965 Mustangs, it offers us a major performance upgrade. Today, Bill shows us how to convert to these high performing brakes in the Forgotten Fastback!
Rebuilding the Forgotten Fastback's front suspension
Since the Forgotten Fastback didn't come with many front suspension components, before we got too far in our restoration, it needed a high quality front suspension. Today, Bill installs many new front suspension parts, giving our 1965 Mustang fastback a high quality, performance inspired upgrade.
Sealing the seams & undercoating the Forgotten Fastback.
Before we get into some of our major part installations, we needed to seal the seams in the new sheet metal on the Forgotten Fastback, then give the whole under body a spray of undercoating. Watch as Bill shows you how to tackle this simple project.
Forgotten Fastback Project Build Sheet
- Premium Fuel Tank
- Scott Drake Fuel Sending Unit
- SSBC Front Disc Brake Conversion Kit
- Strut Rod
- Steering Center Link
- Steering Pitman Arm
- Shock Tower Bumper
- Scott Drake Premium Upper Control Arm
- Scott Drake Premium Lower Control Arm
- Tie Rod Sleeve
- Coil Spring Saddle
- Scott Drake Strut Rod Bushing Kit
- Scott Drake Coil Spring Insulator
- Scott Drake Progressive Rate Coil Springs
- Scott Drake 1" Front Sway Bar Kit
- Inner Tie Rod End
- Outer Tie Rod End
- Idler Arm
- Brushable Body Seam Sealer
- Body Panel Seam Sealer
- Eastwood Rubberized Undercoating
Replacement Body Parts
- Complete Floor Pan Assembly
- One-Piece Quarter Panels
- Roof Panel
- Tail Light Panel
- Inner Wheelhouses
- Outer Wheelhouses
- 1 Piece Torque Box (Driver's Side)
- 1 Piece Torque Box (Passenger's Side)
- Upper & Lower Cowl
- Front Valance
- Rear Valance
- Radiator Support with Crossmember
- Dynacorn Dash Assembly
- Firewall Assembly
- Dynacorn Full Shock Tower Assembly (Driver's Side)
- Dynacorn Full Shock Tower Assembly (Passenger's Side)
- Floor to Firewall Extensions
- Rear Window Panel