Mustang C&L 80mm Cobra MAF System (1996-1998) Installation Instructions
2. Remove the 8mm bolt on top of the air box.
3. Loosen the hose clamp that is on the Mustang throttle body
and mass air sensor. Use an 8mm socket or a flat blade screw driver.
4. Disconnect the hoses from the front and back of the inlet tube.
5. Disconnect the mass air plug by pushing down on the center of the clip and pulling off.
6. Pull out the air temperature sensor.
9. Remove the factory air tube.
10. Install the new inlet pipe and reconnect the hoses. Leave the clamps loose for now, but make sure the hose clamp nuts face towards the front of the car to avoid interference with the throttle linkage.
11. Reinstall the air temperature sensor by pushing it back into the rubber grommet. Some lube may be required.
12. Remove the mass air sensor electronics from the old housing and install it into the new mass air housing. Use the tamper proof T-20 torx bit supplied by C&L Performance
; it will fit into a 1/4 inch socket or screw driver made for 1/4 inch bits.
13. Install the mass air housing. Leave the clamp loose.
15. Install the new Mustang air filter
and tighten the clamp using an 8mm socket or a flat blade screw driver.
16. Install the C&L heat shield, reusing the factory bolt that was removed in step 2. Use an 8mm socket.
18. Check the clearance of the engine and the strut tower brace and adjust as needed.
19. Tighten all of the clamps.