Mustang K&N FIPK Cold Air Kit (2007-2008) Installation Instructions
1. To begin installing your Mustang K&N 63-2565 FIPK Cold Air Kit
, pop your hood and locate the factory air box that will need to be removed. Locate the MAF sensor, slide the red tab up, then pull the sensor off of your intake tube.
2. Remove your PCV hose by sliding the green tab over, then pulling the hose off of the connector.
4. Remove the bolt that holds down your air box.
5. Now you can remove the whole stock air box and intake tube assembly from the car.
7. Slide these two valve cover bolts onto the bracket that comes in your K&N kit as shown.
8. Reinstall the two valve cover bolts and the supplied bracket and tighten them completely.
9. Install the supplied trim around your heat shield and cut off any excess. Then, install the two supplied 'L' shaped brackets on to the heat shield (as shown).
11. Line up your heat shield with the bolt removed above and the bolt removed from your stock air box. Once in place, tighten both these bolts to secure your heat in shield in place.
12. Take your Stock MAF sensor out of your intake tube with a T20 Bit. Be gentle removing your MAF sensor as it is very sensitive. Now install your MAF sensor on to your K&N intake tube with the supplied spacers so that it sits properly, then tighten it down.
13. Install your coupler onto your throttle body and tighten. Slide the K&N intake tube from your Mustang cold air intake kit
onto the same coupler and tighten. Be sure your intake tube lines up with the bracket that was installed earlier.
14. Install the supplied PCV hose onto the air intake tube and valve cover by simply sliding it on each end.
15. Install your Mustang air filter
by installing the coupler onto your intake tube and tightening, then install the air filter onto the same coupler and tighten completely.
16. Reinstall your MAF connection by plugging it back in and pushing the red tab down once in place.
17. Install is now complete! Start your car and go for a short drive to make sure everything is working properly. Enjoy your new K&N Mustang Cold Air Intake Kit