Mustang Steeda Radiator Support (2005-2010) Installation Instructions
2005-2010 Mustang Steeda GT Lightweight Radiator Support
This Lightweight Radiator Support from Steeda fits 2005-2010 Mustang GTs.
Designed from super strong and super light 4130 Chrome moly steel material, this Lightweight Radiator Support is super strong, yet half the weight of the stock steel unit on the 2005-2010 Mustang GT! It is plenty strong for you to run your front sway bar when not at the drag strip, and is tig welded and powder coated in silver metal flake, which makes it look outstanding, too! Uses all factory hardware, and features easy installation.
2. Remove the lower radiator cover to gain access to the radiator support. These bolt heads are 5.5 mm.
3. Remove both of the front swaybar brackets from the radiator support. These nuts will require a 15 mm deep socket.
4. Support the Mustang radiator
. The zip tie to frame example shown here is one way to do it. Direct support under the radiator will also work.
5. Free all of the lines from the radiator support. One Mustang brake line
, two air conditioning lines, the lower radiator hose and the power steering hose need to be free.
6. Remove the nuts that secure the radiator support to the frame. There are four total. Removing them will require an 18 mm deep socket.
8. Remove the two brake line supports and the air conditioning line support from the factory radiator support. These parts will be reused. Remove the two factory grommets and install the new Mustang radiator support
9. Install the Steeda radiator support onto the factory studs. Attach the four nuts loosely. Also, install both of the sway bar mounting brackets and loosely install the four nuts.
10. Progressively tighten the four 18 mm nuts that secure the radiator support to the frame. Torque to 85 ft. lbs.
12. Using the previously removed parts, secure the brake and air conditioning lines so they will have positive separation from the new Steeda
All the lines now have proper clearance.
13. Install the bottom radiator cover. Use the factory hardware for the front. Use zip ties for the rear. You're now finished installing your new Mustang Lightweight Radiator Support