PerTronix Flame-Thrower Black Female Cap Cast Distributor with Ignitor for 1965-1973 Mustangs with a 289 or 302 Engine.PerTronix distributors are designed for maximum ignition performance and easy installation all at a price you can afford. Replace your outdated points or electronic distributor with this performance proven distributor which features PerTronix's legendary Ignitor electronics. All this in a cast housing that looks closer to being period correct.
Delivering twice the voltage to the spark plugs, Ignitor electronic ignitions will increase horsepower, improve fuel economy, and extend spark plug life. The Ignitor system is designed for use with most point-type coils, but optimal performance is achieved when used with PerTronix's Flame-Thrower 40,000 volt coil. A solid-state electronic ignition system means you will never change points again.
Flame-Thrower Distributor with Ignitor Features:
- 2:1 improvement over points in current fall time for increased coil output
- Rotating cobalt magnets trigger a Hall Effect integrated circuit
- No points to burn or moving parts to wear out
- No black box to clutter the engine compartment
- Stable timing, no need for any adjustments
- Will trigger most multi-spark CD ignitions
- Uncomplicated wiring makes for easy installation
- All new cast housing molded after the original Ford distributors
- Tailored advance curve for optimum performance
- Adjustable vacuum canisters for extra tenability
- High dielectric strength cap and rotor with brass contacts
- Legal in all 50 states (C.A.R.B. E.O. #D-57-23)
Product ReviewsWrite a review
anyone know if this dist. will fit a 1968 ford ranchero fairlane 500 model. I t has a 298 small block v8 engine. Dist. is located in front of a 4bbl edlebrock carb. with air cleaner. The old stock dist.is standard size and fits ok.
Is it possible to order this distributor with a pin type distributor cap? Thanks
Will the distributor gear on the Pertronix distributor work with my stock hyd. camshaft in my 65 289 Mustang?
is the drive gear cast or steel?
Your description on this distributor does not include the 260. What distributor & Pertronics kit would replace this complete distributor for a 260? THANKS
Can you get a cast gear for a stock 289?
what is the total capable advance if given 10 degrees initial for this distributor ?
You Might Also Like
CJ's Low Price:$244.99
CJ's Low Price:$89.99
CJ's Low Price:$262.99
From:CJ's Low Price:$35.99