Pertronix Ignitor II Electronic Ignition for 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973 and 1974 Broncos Equipped with a V8 Engine and a Single Point Distributor.
The 91281 Pertronix Ignitor II is very similar to the original Ignitor except that it is smarter. Ignitor II units sense the coil current level and use a powerful micro controller to adjust the dwell. Variable dwell helps to maintain peak energy throughout the entire RPM range.
Pertronix Ignitor II Features:
- Adaptive dwell maintains peak energy throughout the entire RPM range, reducing misfires while improving engine performance
- Peak current level is reached just prior to spark for maximum energy without the heat build-up
- Adjusts spark timing at higher RPMs to compensate for the inherent electronic delay
- Senses start-up and develops more energy for quicker, easier starting
- Built in reverse polarity and over current protection shuts off system, preventing damage
- Rotating cobalt magnets trigger a Hall Effect integrated circuit
- No points to burn or moving parts to wear out
- Epoxy molding makes the module impervious to dirt, oil, grease and moisture
- Fits entirely inside the distributor
- No black box to clutter the engine compartment
- Stable timing, no need for any adjustments
- Will trigger most multi-spark CD ignitions
- Uncomplicated wiring makes for easy installation
- Legal in all 50 states and Canada (C.A.R.B. E.O. #D-57-2)
Pertronix Ignitor II Specifications:
- For use on single point distributors
- Operating Voltage: 8-V to 16-V DC
- Temperature Range: -50 to 300F
- RPM Range: 0 to 15,000 RPM
- Polarity: 12V negative ground
*Ignitor II applications cannot be used with solid core ignition wires.
When you want to make sure your classic Bronco will start with the turn of a key, you need an ignition ignitor that will make sure that happens. Pertronix is one of the most dependable and reliable manufacturers of Bronco ignitions on the market, and their Ignitor II is specifically designed to work with classic-era Broncos. The simple, smart design makes this ignition part easy to install, and it even comes with all the hardware you need to securely install it in your Bronco. With all of that in one convenient package and backed by Pertronix’s impressive track record, you can be sure you’re getting quality when you buy this ignition. Ignitor II systems develop up to 4 times more energy between 3000 and 5000 RPM than standard ignition systems. With that level of craftsmanship coupled with an outstanding volt coil, your ignition won’t just make your Bronco start, it’ll make it run better.
Order a 91281 Pertronix Ignitor II Electronic Ignition for your 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973 or 1974 Bronco Equipped with a V8 Engine and a Single Point Distributor from CJ Pony Parts today!
Similar Bronco PartsMore Ignition System
Product ReviewsWrite a review
You Might Also Like
CJ's Low Price:$78.99
CJ's Low Price:$136.99
CJ's Low Price:$38.95