Pertronix Ignitor III Electronic Ignition for 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973 and 1974 Broncos Equipped with a V8 Engine and a Single Point Distributor.
The Pertronix Ignitor III ignition modules are designed for the serious performance enthusiast who demands serious power. You may have seen the performance increases the Ignitor and Ignitor II series of electronic ignitions have brought. Now get ready for more, as in 5 times more spark energy than points systems. Ignitor III modules provide ignition box performance without the "box"!
Pertronix's 71281 kit retrofits Motorcraft single point vacuum advance distributors. The advance plate assembly has been completely redesigned, utilizing a custom nylon glide hub which provides smooth trouble free operation. This single point Ignitor III from Pertronix will increase burn time, improve combustion, give you more horsepower and improve mileage. In addition, it is easy to install!
Ignitor III Features:
- Adaptive dwell maintains peak energy throughout the entire RPM range, reducing misfires while improving engine performance
- Peak current level is reached just prior to spark for maximum energy without the heat build-up
- Adjusts spark timing at higher RPMs to compensate for the inherent electronic delay
- Senses start-up and develops more energy for quicker, easier starting
- Multi-spark ignition thru the entire RPM range
- Integrated adjustable REV Limiter with LED feedback; accurate to +/-50 RPM
- Thermal clad surface mount construction for high performance reliability
- Built in reverse polarity and over current protection shuts off system, preventing damage
- Rotating cobalt magnets trigger a Hall Effect integrated circuit
- No points to burn or moving parts to wear out
- Fits entirely inside the distributor
- No black box to clutter the engine compartment
- Stable timing, no need for any adjustments
- Uncomplicated wiring makes for easy installation
- Legal in all 50 states and Canada (C.A.R.B. E.O. #D-57-8)
Ignitor III Specifications:
- For use on single point distributors
- Operating Voltage: 8-V to 16-V DC
- Temperature Range: -50 to 300F
- RPM Range: 0 to 15,000 RPM
- Polarity: 12V negative ground
*Ignitor III applications require suppression core ignition wires.
Order a 71281 Pertronix Ignitor III Electronic Ignition for your 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973 or 1974 Bronco Equipped with a V8 Engine and a Single Point Distributor from CJ Pony Parts today!
Similar Bronco PartsMore Ignition System
Product ReviewsWrite a review
You Might Also Like
/** * Cases for simple product that is not on sale */ ?>CJ's Low Price:$78.99
/** * Cases for simple product that is not on sale */ ?>CJ's Low Price:$107.99
Regular Price: $38.95
Special Price: $31.16