Mustang Maximum Motorsports 4-Point K-Member Brace V8 1996-2004
Part Number: MMKB4-4
Maximum Motorsports 4-Point K-Member Brace for 1996-2004 V8 Ford Mustangs With Manual Transmission.
This four point brace strengthens the stock Mustang k-member. It comes in a black powdercoated finish.
- Stiffens the k-member against the side loads caused by hard cornering.
- Stiffer k-member improves handling by maintaining front alignment settings when loaded in a corner.
- Provides more stiffening than stock 2-point brace.
- Interferes with the cooler lines of an automatic transmission. The cooler hard lines must be rerouted slightly to install this brace.
- Interferes with the stock X-brace on 1996-04 convertible Mustangs.
- Does not clear long-tube headers.
- Clears stock catalytic converters.
- Black powder coated for appearance and corrosion protection.
- Includes mounting hardware.
- Mounts to existing holes on stock k-member.
- Structural steel web between the tubes splits the suspension load, sending part of the load into the unibody at the rearward k-member to chassis mounting points and part straight across the k-member to the opposite side.
- Each mounting bolt attaches through a structural tube, unlike the flimsy flat tab of the stock and most other aftermarket braces.