Trick Flow Black Powder Coated 360 Horsepower Track Heat Twisted Wedge Top-End Engine Kit for 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994 and 1995 Mustangs with an Electronic Fuel Injected 5.0L Engine.
Trick Flow's 360 horsepower Twisted Wedge Top-End Engine Kits for the fuel injected 5.0L provide dyno-proven power without the guesswork. Built around Trick Flow's Twisted Wedge Street cylinder heads, these kits include a specially matched hydraulic roller camshaft, Track Heat EFI intake manifold, roller rockers, gasket kit, billet timing chain, pushrods, short valve covers and a billet oil fill kit.
Kit Contents and Specifications:
- Camshaft Included: Yes
- Intake Manifold Included: Yes
- Intake Manifold Model (descriptive): Trick Flow Track Heat
- Timing Chain and Gears Included: Yes
- Lifters Included: No
- Gaskets Included: Yes
- Cylinder Head Style: Assembled
- Cylinder Head Material: Aluminum
- Combustion Chamber Volume (cc): 61
- CNC-Machined Combustion Chamber: No
- Combustion Chamber Style: Heart
- Intake Runner Volume (cc): 170cc
- Exhaust Runner Volume (cc): 66cc
- CNC-Machined Intake Runner: No
- CNC-Machined Exhaust Runner: No
- Intake Port Location: Standard
- Exhaust Port Shape: Square
- Exhaust Port Location: Standard
- Intake Valves Included: Yes
- Intake Valve Diameter (in): 2.020 in.
- Exhaust Valves Included: Yes
- Exhaust Valve Diameter (in): 1.600 in.
- Intake Valve Angle: 15
- Exhaust Valve Angle: 17
- Valve Springs Included: Yes
- Outside Diameter of Outer Spring (in): 1.460 in.
- Damper Spring Included: Yes
- Number of Springs Per Valve: Dual
- Retainers Included: Yes
- Retainer Material: Chromoly steel
- Locks Included: Yes
- Lock Style: 10 degree
- Valve Stem Seals Included: Yes
- Valve Stem Seal Style: Positive stop
- Rocker Arms Included: Yes
- Rocker Arm Style: Full roller
- Rocker Arm Studs Included: Yes
- Rocker Arm Nut Thread Size: 3/8-24 in.
- Guide Plates Included: Yes
- Guide Plate Pushrod Size: 5/16 in.
- Pushrods Included: Yes
- Valve Covers Included: Yes
- Valve Cover Material: Cast aluminum
- Valve Guides Included: Yes
- Valve Guide Material: Manganese bronze
- Valve Seats Machined: Yes
- Valve Seat Machine Style: 3-angle
- Valve Seat Material: Tungsten
- Machined for O-Ring: No
- Heat Crossover: No
- Cylinder Head Bolts Included: Yes
These kits are available with black powder-coated valve covers and intake manifold or silver powder-coated valve covers and intake manifold.
*An SN95 adapter and 3/8" intake manifold spacer are required to install this kit on 1994-1995 Mustangs. Aftermarket tuning is required after installation of this kit.
If you’ve already made the standard, new-kid-on-the-block upgrades like intake and exhaust to your 5.0 Mustang and it’s time to take things to the next level, a Trick Flow top end kit like this one provides guaranteed horsepower from a combination of parts that have been tested and proven to complement one another. The Trick Flow name has for years been a staple of the muscle car industry, with the scientists and tuners from Trick Flow turning out consistent, quality parts for vehicles from each of America’s big three. You’ll spot the Trick Flow name not only on the street, but also at the drag strip where they’ve earned a hardcore following from the most devoted quarter-mile contenders.
A top end kit like the Trick Flow Heat Twisted Wedge kit shown here replaces many of the factory top end parts that are designed for a combination of efficiency, performance, and cost-effectiveness for the manufacturer with more dedicated components designed to make more power and operate under greater load. The fact that Trick Flow’s engineers offer these parts as a kit allows them to make tuning decisions with the assumption that the other parts will be in place, which means consistent performance and maximum power delivery.
Potency and Performance
Opening up your engine’s top end allows more air into the combustion chamber. Much like using a supercharger or nitrous system, the Trick Flow top end kit allows for a more potent mixture of air and fuel, resulting in a more intense combustion and, therefore, more power. The difference between the Trick Flow top end kit and these forced induction methods is that the power you generate by making parts and tuning changes will be delivered without any additional drag on the motor like a supercharger kit would create (making for a quicker response) and without exposing your engine’s internals to extreme loads like a nitrous kit would.
Naturally aspirated motors have earned a special following because of the quick throttle response and linear power delivery they offer. That’s what you can expect from your 5.0 after you’ve installed this Trick Flow top end kit. What’s even better is that forced induction and top end upgrades complement one another, so if, after installing this kit, you’re still not satisfied, you can keep right on truckin’ and slap a supercharger onto your sweet-running motor to make downright silly quantities of power. Of course, you might want to check out CJ Pony Parts’ selection of hardened pistons and connecting rods before you do to avoid any issues with high compression.
Order a Trick Flow 360 Horsepower Track Heat Twisted Wedge Top-End Engine Kit for your 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994 or 1995 Mustang with an Electronic Fuel Injected 5.0L Engine from CJ Pony Parts today!
Product ReviewsWrite a review
Will this upgrade still be smog legal in california? will it need dino tunning after installing?
You Might Also Like
From:CJ's Low Price:$3,099.99
From:CJ's Low Price:$2,999.99
From:CJ's Low Price:$299.99