Clutch Rod Upper 12-1/2" 1967-1968/Big Block 1969-1970

CJ's Part Number: CRU2
CJ's Low Price:
1455062400 9350
Earn 16 RPM Points What's this?
Clutch Rod Upper 12-1/2" 1967-1968/Big Block 1969-1970

Product Description

12-1/2" Upper Clutch Rod for all 1967-1968 Mustangs and 1969-1970 Mustangs with a Big Block Engine.

The upper clutch rod attaches to the clutch pedal and the top of the equalizer bar. Constructed from machined steel, this clutch rod is a direct replacement for your 1967-1968 Mustang with any engine. It also fits 1969-1970 Mustangs with a big block engine. However, it is 1/8" longer which can be corrected with the adjustable lower clutch rod. Use the adjustments to get the perfect clutch pedal feel.

The upper clutch rod stays in place with help from the upper clutch release lever spring. This spring runs from the firewall to the top of the equalizer bar. Clutch rods don't usually wear out unlike the bushings associated with the mechanical clutch linkage setup. If the clutch rod would break your clutch pedal will go to the floor making the car virtually undriveable.

If you're looking to replace all of the mechanical clutch linkage parts we have you covered. We offer kits ranging from equalizer bar bushings kits to equalizer bar kits with everything you need to get your clutch linkage in tip-top shape.

*The shape of this upper clutch rod is correct for 1969-1970 Mustangs equipped with a big block engine but it is 1/8" longer. This can be corrected with the adjustable lower clutch rod.
*Must be used in conjunction with CEB7 when installing on a 1967 HI-PO.

Similar Mustang Parts

similar Mustang parts More Transmission  

Installation Instructions

Mustang Installation

Mustang Applications

This product will fit the following Ford Mustang years:

Product Reviews

Write a review
Clutch Rod Upper 12-1/2" 1967-1968/Big Block 1969-1970 is rated 1.0 out of 5 by 2.
Rated 1 out of 5 by from Does not fit The clutch rod you receive will be different than the one pictured. The 90 deg end is longer and not tapered. It will not fit between the pedal shaft and attached bracket. You will need to cut back at a taper then drill a new cotter pin hole. CJ seemed indifferent to the problem and would take it back.
Date published: 2015-09-18
Rated 1 out of 5 by from Minor problem large headache I bought an upper clutch rod for my '68 302, only to discover that the new clutch rod has holes drilled vertically, and not horizontally like the original. This minor defect makes it impossible to put a cotter pin through the rod as it runs into the clutch support. This could be corrected with a drill press but for expecting a direct bolt on, i was not impressed
Date published: 2015-06-26
  • 2016-02-10T08:45CST
  • bvseo_cps, prod_bvrr, vn_cps_3.1.6
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_2
  • loc_en_US, sid_CRU2, PRD, sort_relevancy
  • clientName_cjponyparts

Product Questions


You Might Also Like