If you’re looking to take the 5.3L engine in your 2014-2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 or GMC Sierra 1500 to the next level in performance and horsepower output these aFe 48-44003-YC Stainless Steel Twisted Steel Headers with a Stainless Steel Y-Pipe are exactly what you’re looking for. This performance upgrade for your pick-up’s exhaust system will boost your horsepower and pounds per feet of torque a staggering amount yielding massive gains in speed and power.
Features and Benefits (Headers):
- Constructed out of 16-gauge, 1-3/4" mandrel-bent stainless steel tubing
- Optimized tube lengths
- 4-to-1 mitered merge collectors
- 100% hand MIG-welded construction
- Promotes unrestricted flow
- Eliminates flow-block turbulence
- Improve flow and performance
- Optimal strength and durability
Features and Benefits (Y-Pipe):
- Constructed out of mandrel-bent stainless steel tubing
- True 2-to-1 mitered merge collector
- Mandrel-bent 3" stainless steel tubing
- Incorporates high-Flow, 400 cell catalytic converters
- Eliminates dead zone for improved flow
- Better exhaust flow
- Added horse power
Both the headers and the included Y-pipe are constructed of mandrel-bent, stainless steel tubing. The headers and Y-pipe work in conjunction with the semi-metallic 400 CPSI catalytic converters to produce a maximum exhaust flow. High quality OE style flanges and band clamps are used for a complete 360 degree sealing surface that does not leak. To promote a hassle free installation process, the performance headers and y-pipe are designed to fit in the stock location on your rugged pick-up incorporating the OE hanger, flange and O2 sensor locations.
Test Results: Added an astounding +18 horsepower and +26lbs per feet of torque as verified by aFe’s in house dyno-testing.
Please Note: This system is not currently CARB exempt and is not available for sale in California or for use on any vehicle registered with the California Department of Motor Vehicle.
aFe is a world renowned manufacturer of top quality, performance parts and equipment. Creating premium grade equipment for more than a decade, aFe has quickly become a brand that many aftermarket enthusiasts flock to when they are looking to purchase a new piece of performance equipment for their beloved vehicle.