As the owner of a 2018-2021 Ford EcoBoost/GT Mustang, you have surely been influenced by both ends of the Mustang community: showroom prestige and off-road racing capabilities. If you are potentially looking for something that can offer you excellence in both realms, be sure to consider this Anderson Composites Double-Sided Type-GT5 Hood (AC-HD18FDMU-GT5-DS) from CJ Pony Parts for a stylish upgrade!
Features and Benefits:
- Large, 19” x 26” vented center-section for optimal heat extraction
- Constructed of double-sided carbon fiber for durability and strength
- Ideal for high performance engines in off-highway/racing applications
- Vent has removable screen that can be painted if desired
- Mounts to factory hinges with OE hardware for the best fitment
- Hand crafted; made by vacuum infused process that provides excellent fabric-to-resin ratio
- High luster show quality finish
- Made of high quality 3k, 2x2 carbon fiber fabric and marine-grade resin with UV inhibitors
- Weighs approximately 25.3 lbs
Anderson Composites has added another great carbon fiber hood design for 2018-2021 EcoBoost and GT Mustangs. This unique, double-sided Type-GT5 carbon fiber hood (AC-HD18FDMU-GT5-DS) not only looks good but features a large 19” X 26” vented area in the center section to improve heat extraction for high-performance applications. The vent has a removable screen and is paintable. The double-sided carbon fiber construction helps reduce weight, improve overall strength and durability, and is ideal for all kinds of off-road racing applications.
This Type-GT5 hood (AC-HD18FDMU-GT5-DS) is made of high quality 3k, 2x2 carbon fiber twill fabric and high-grade marine resin with UV inhibitors. The vacuum infusion process to make this hood provides the best fabric-to-resin ratio which results with the best fitment and finish. This hood mounts to the factory locations with the OE hardware for easier installation. These carbon fiber hoods have great show quality looks with a high-luster finish.
*Does NOT fit GT350/GT350R models.
Please Note: Modifications may be necessary for correct fitment of the OE windshield washer spray nozzle system as part of the normal installation process. This hood is NOT recommended to use with gas shocks/dampers/struts or any sort of hood lift system. Hood pins are required for safety reasons, please see our selection available form Quik-Latch.
Tech Tips: Although the resin used in construction of this hood features UV inhibitors, it is highly recommended to use an automotive-grade clear coat with UV inhibitors to help prolong the life and finish of this hood (AC-HD18FDMU-GT5-DS). Also, to further protect this hood, Anderson Composites strongly recommends the use of a heat shield.