The factory exhaust on your Jeep leaves a lot to be desired. Looking for an easy upgrade? With dual chrome 4.5" exhaust tips and high-flow mandrel bent piping, this AWE Axle Back is the real deal, and it'll work perfectly on your Jeep!
Features and Benefits:
- Handcrafted from 3” and 2.5” U.S.-made CNC mandrel-bent .065” wall T304L stainless steel
- Proprietary, patented drone-canceling solution, 180 Technology
- Bespoke dual 4.5” slash-cut tips
- Dyno-verified max gains of 5 hp and 10 ft-lbs of torque at the wheels
- Direct bolt-on for factory-like simplicity, no cutting required
- Less is more: clean, straight-through design maximizes performance
- AWE No CEL Guarantee
Handcrafted from US-made 3” and 2.5” T304L stainless steel, the Tread Edition is a straight-through axle-back configuration for drivers looking for rugged performance and a drone-free, signature exhaust note without sacrificing daily-drivability.
The Tread Edition features AWE’s patented, drone-canceling 180 Technology, which provides the JK/JKU with a sophisticated, full-bodied soundtrack completely controllable via the throttle. With increased throttle, the Wrangler roars with aggression, but at highway speeds, the cabin is free of any drone, and volume is similar to stock.
As exhaust gases exit the engine and flow into an AWE 180 Technology equipped resonator, they pass through strategically located ports, and into reflection chambers. Sound waves, carried by these exhaust gasses, bounce off the walls of the reflection chambers.
By controlling the size and location of the ports and the chambers, the sound waves exit the chambers at a controlled speed. The specific timing of when the reflected sound waves rejoin the main exhaust flow creates a one-hundred-and-eighty-degree out-of-phase sound wave that cancels out problematic frequencies.