These high-quality CJ Classics 1-piece wheelhouses are a combination of the inner and outer wheelhouses, spot welded together to save you time and money during your restoration process. Features a weld-thru primer finish.
Advantages of Weld-Thru Primer:
- Reduces prep time when welding new parts to new parts that are both covered in the weld thru primer
- Reduced spatter
- Lower distortion of the panels
- Superior conductive properties that help minimize high heat zone problems
- Eliminates corrosion that would form between overlapped panels or multi-layered spot welds
- Helps when welding a new panel to old metal
- Lower resistance at the weld surface allows better penetration into the denser, new steel that helps forgive an old alloy's problems with porosity and impurities
- Helps prevent resin build up between welds that can trap moisture in the old porous steel that leads to failure at the weld borders
*Convertible wheelhouses are flattened at the top to accommodate the convertible top well liner.