Does your first generation 1969-1970 Mustang need a replacement lower cowl panel? If you need an OEM style lower cowl panel replacement but want a zero-hassle installation, then this CJ Classics Stamped Steel Weld-Thru Lower Cowl Panel Assembly from CJ Pony Parts is just the part for you!
Features and Benefits:
- Fits all 1969-1970 Mustangs
- OEM Style Replacement
- Weld-Thru Primer Finish
- Heavy Gauge Stamped Steel Construction
- Full Length Lower Cowl Panel Assembly
This Lower Cowl Panel Assembly is designed to be a direct fit replacement for all 1969-1970 Mustangs. The Lower Cowl Panel Assembly is constructed from high quality stamped steel. Once the panel is fully constructed it is then finished in a weld-thru primer. The weld-thru primer will protect the metal from corrosion or rusting while in transit while also reducing prep time. All the factory correct holes are pre-stamped, making installation quick and hassle free for all. This Lower Cowl Assembly is a full length panel that goes from the driver side cowl panel to the passenger side cowl panel and meets up to the firewall flange.
Advantages of Weld-Thru Primer:
- Reduces prep time when welding new parts to new parts that are both covered in the weld thru primer
- Reduced spatter
- Lower distortion of the panels
- Superior conductive properties that help minimize high heat zone problems
- Eliminates corrosion that would form between overlapped panels or multi-layered spot welds
- Helps when welding a new panel to old metal
- Lower resistance at the weld surface allows better penetration into the denser, new steel that helps forgive an old alloy's problems with porosity and impurities
- Helps prevent resin build up between welds that can trap moisture in the old porous steel that leads to failure at the weld borders
Please Note: This panel is just the Lower Cowl Panel Assembly; the Upper Weld-Thru Primer Cowl Panel Assembly is sold individually (3648KWT).