Using “off-the-shelf” oil during your engine's first start is asking for trouble. Breaking in your engine with normal motor oils that lack proper additives can lead to failure. COMP Cams Engine Break-In Oil and Additive (159-12) is designed for this exciting moment in your restoration.
Features and Benefits:
- Improve surface mating of rotating assembly
- Protect all internal engine components
- optimum amounts of ZDDP, Molybdenum & detergents
- Require no extra additives or supplements
- Compatible w/ gasoline, methanol & high octane race fuels
COMP Cams Break In Additive extends the durability of internal engine components including camshafts, valve train components and all moving parts in your new or rebuilt engine. They do so by using a special blend of extreme pressure additives no longer available in “off-the-shelf” motor oils. COMP Cams Engine Break-In Oil additive provides added protection during the break-in process and is compatible with any petroleum, synthetic or blended motor oil.