Provide your 1968 Mustang with a mounting point for taillights! Check out this Dynacorn California Special Style Taillight Panel In Weld-Thru Primer (3643EAWT) from CJ Pony Parts!
Features and Benefits:
- All-metal construction
- Weld-thru primer finish
- Provides mounting point for taillights
- Provides mounting point for fuel filler
- Must be used with 1968 California Special taillights
This Dynacorn California Special Style Taillight Panel In Weld-Thru Primer features an all-metal construction with a weld-thru primer finish that allows for a clean install of 1968 California Special style taillights. It goes between the quarter panels at the rear of the car and provides a mounting point for the taillights and fuel filler. It works with original Mustang quarter panel extensions. It will fit any 1968 Mustang, but must be used with 1968 California Special taillights.
Advantages of Weld-Thru Primer:
- Reduces prep time when welding new parts to new parts that are both covered in the weld thru primer
- Reduced spatter
- Lower distortion of the panels
- Superior conductive properties that help minimize high heat zone problems
- Eliminates corrosion that would form between overlapped panels or multi-layered spot welds
- Helps when welding a new panel to old metal
- Lower resistance at the weld surface allows better penetration into the denser, new steel that helps forgive an old alloy's problems with porosity and impurities
- Helps prevent resin build up between welds that can trap moisture in the old porous steel that leads to failure at the weld borders
*For use with TLBS3 taillight buckets and WTL8 wiring harness.
*Not for use with Shelby and California Special specific Quarter Panel Extensions as they will leave an unfinished gap.
- 1968 Mustang