Lifted Wranglers require more stability, especially for off-roading needs. The set of Falcon Performance Shocks SP2 3.1 Series Piggyback Shocks 11-02-31-400-200 are engineered with compression damping technology for 2018-2020 4-Door Jeep JL Wranglers with 2-4-1/2" Lift for optimized modes of shock dampening.
Falcon’s proprietary volume optimized damping (VOD) features a digressive linear valve to improve ORV feedback, stability, and control during low-speed, high-speed, and off-road driving. As the piston compresses and rebounds, the valve restricts oil flow creating a damping effect. VOD’s quicker ramp up increases damping volume during low-speed driving as well as reduces shock bottoming at full compression during faster speeds or over uneven terrain. Traditional velocity sensitive shock absorbers react quickly during low-speed driving causing excessive “head toss” on rough terrain.
Features and Benefits:
- Series 3.1 handles aggressive off-roading conditions
- Race-inspired performance for increased JL Wrangler stability
- Improved dynamic roll control and low-speed damping
- Dramatic improvement in on-road comfort
- Optimized fitment for clearance during full suspension travel and articulation
- Wear-resistant 6061-T6 aluminum alloy shock body
- Internal component protection while providing superior heat dissipation
- Smooth honed internal shock body surface for long-term performance
- 3/4” induction hardened chrome plated shaft prevents shaft buckling
- Maximum shaft diameter allows for more precise tuning
- Hard anodized billet piston
- One-piece Teflon bronze piston wear band with O-ring
- Digressive linear piston and base valve technology
- Volume Optimized Damping (VOD) for quicker ramp up and increased damping volume
- Inline OGS (Oil/Gas Separator) prevents cavitation
- Red Line full synthetic shock oil with high viscosity index of 519
- Synthetic formula also contains special anti-wear and lubricity agents for excellent thermal stability
- 2018-2020 Wrangler JL
- JLU Wrangler Unlimited (4-door)
- Models with 2-4-1/2” Lift
- (4) SP2 3.1 Piggyback Shocks
- Pair of Rear roost guards
- All necessary hardware
- Bump stop configuration varies depending on shock absorber collapsed length, tire size, and fenders. Please see instructions for proper configuration for your application.
- May require 2” Bump Stop Strike Pad Extension Kit and/or 0.5” Bump Stop Strike Pad Shims.