The only thing better than off-roading in a lifted Jeep Wrangler is off-roading in one that has been upgraded with brand new piggyback shocks that double the comfort and stability of the outing. This is why, if you are the owner of a two-door 2018-2021 Jeep JL Wrangler that has been lifted 2-4.5” and is used for off-roading, you need to consider installing a set of four Falcon Performance Shocks SP2 3.3 Series Fast Adjust Piggyback Shocks (10-02-33-400-200).
Features and Benefits:
- Series 3.3 Fast Adjust shocks can be tuned for specific terrain and/or handling characteristics
- Fast Adjust Knob w/ 3 compression settings for large damping adjustments
- Micro Position Dial w/ 8 compression settings for finer damping adjustments
- JL/JLU corner-specific shock absorber
- Front lower offset eyelet design provides maximum shock body to frame clearance during articulation
- Rear roost guards prevent shock shaft damage from rocks kicked up by the tires
- SP2 Mode Adjust shocks add Soft and Performance modes
- Tunes both compression and rebound – provides noticeable benefits in ride quality and handling
- Twist counterclockwise for Soft and clockwise for Performance
- Fast Adjust Knob and Micro Position Knob (3.3 Fast Adjust Piggyback Shock) operation unaffected
- Piggyback design features increased oil and gas capacity vs. monotube or twin-tube designs reducing heat buildup for more consistent performance
- Piggyback fluid passage design flows 6x more oil than restrictive reservoir hose designs as well as eliminates common leakage issues found in banjo and swivel fittings
- Front shock features unique piggyback design w/ horizontal reservoir to increase clearance for large tires
- 2.25” shock body provides optimal performance
- 6061-T6 aluminum alloy shock body resists wear and protects internal components while providing superior heat dissipation
- Smooth honed internal shock body surface for long-term performance
- 3/4” induction hardened chrome plated shaft resists rock damage and corrosion as well as prevents shaft buckling
- Maximum shaft diameter allows for more precise tuning
- Hard anodized billet piston
- 1-piece Teflon bronze piston wear band w/ O-ring
- Digressive linear piston and base valve technology
This set of four piggyback shocks are used to increase stability, advance the quality of your ride, and make your daily-driven Jeep generally more comfortable. Whether using them on- or off-road, ride performance will be enhanced. They use a three-position Fast Adjust Knob which offers a wide array of adjustability. This knob features settings of soft, medium, and firm. The medium setting integrates eight different positions within itself on a Micro Adjust Dial, allowing for more precise turning between soft and firm. The new Mode Adjust feature tunes compression and rebound for Soft or Performance settings. Vehicle feedback, stability, and control during low-speed, high-speed, and off-road driving are all improved due to a digressive linear valve that is featured in Falcon’s proprietary Volume Optimized Damping (VOD). The shocks complete a damping effect as the piston compresses and rebounds and the valve restricts oil flow.
The quicker ramp up seen in these shocks’ VOD increases damping volume during low-speed driving while also reducing shock bottoming at full compression during faster speeds or rocky trails/terrain. Traditional velocity sensitive shock absorbers can result in unnecessary “head toss” on rough terrains because they react quickly during low-speed driving. This jolting effect is increased when conventional damping firms up during quicker shaft speeds. By using the Volume Optimized Damping featured in this set of piggyback shocks (10-02-33-400-200), you will be able to avoid these problems and maintain stability and control in all scenarios and conditions.
- SP2 3.3 Fast Adjust Piggyback Shocks - all 4
- Rear roost guards - pair
- All necessary hardware
Please Note: Bump stop configuration varies depending on shock absorber collapsed length, tire size, and fenders. See instructions for proper configuration for your application. May require 2” Bump Stop Strike Pad Extension Kit (# 1959500) and/or 0.5” Bump Stop Strike Pad Shim Kit(s) (# 1959300).