Want to build a powerful Small Block Ford engine for your vintage muscle car, street rod, Fox-Body or late-model Mustang? A Ford Performance Short Block (M-6009-427A) takes care of the bottom end for you! This strong, durable 427ci short block offers a wide range of power possibilities.
Features and Benefits:
- Built New in the USA
- Assembled and Ready for your Heads, Cam and Timing Chain Set (Not Included)
- Hydraulic Roller Camshaft Compatible
- Internally Balanced
- Standard Windsor Oil Pan Flange
- Oil Pan and Timing Cover are a 351W Bolt Pattern
- Uses Standard Windsor Timing Cover (See P/N: M-6059-D351)
- 0.060-inch Oil Galley Restrictors Included for Solid Roller Cam Applications
- Works Well with Ford Performance Cylinder Heads (See P/N: M-6049-Z2 and M-6049-X2)
Ford Performance only uses the best parts for their short blocks, like a forged steel crankshaft, forged H-beam connecting rods with floating piston pins, forged Mahle pistons, and the Ford Performance aluminum block. Every Ford Performance short block is hand-assembled in the U.S. with performance clearances - these aren't assembly line truck engines made by machines!
- Engine Type: 351 Windsor based small block Ford
- Displacement (cu in): 427
- Bore x Stroke (in): 4.125" Bore x 4.00" Stroke
- Block: Ford Performance Aluminum Four-Bolt Main Block 9.5” Deck Height
- Piston to Deck Height: .005" Below Piston to Deck Height (nominal)
- Crankshaft: SCAT Forged Steel: 4.000" Stroke
- Connecting Rods: SCAT Forged Steel H-Beam Connecting Rods with Floating Pin and ARP Bolts
- Pistons: Mahle 4.125" Bore Forged with Reliefs (17cc piston dish) for Z304D, Z304P, N351 and other Inline Valve Windsor Cylinder Heads
- Recommended cylinder head fasteners P/N: M-6065-BOSS head bolts or P/N: M-6014-BOSS studs depending on the application.
- High-performance harmonic balancer P/N: M-6316-D302 is recommended.
- Requires head gaskets P/N: M-6051-R351.
- Ford Performance short blocks are built with pistons designed for 20 degree valve angle heads and will fit stock or spread valve guide centerlines. Most aftermarket performance cylinder heads are compatible with this short block.
- Be sure to always check piston to valve clearance during assembly!
Please Note: Requires aftermarket tie bar hydraulic lifters. Not designed for production 302/351W or P/N: M-6049-Y302/Y303/X302/X303/X304/X305 cylinder heads.