If you're looking for ways to free up even more HP in your 1979-1993 Mustang to improve your track times and enhance your engine performance, take a look at this Smog Pump Eliminator and Idler from Ford Performance!
Features and Benefits:
- Increases and Improves Horsepower
- Eliminates Factory Smog Pump
- Lightweight Aluminum Construction
- Uses a Standard Serpentine Belt
- Direct Bolt-On Replacement for Stock Air Pumps
- Includes Mounting Bracket and Pulley Assembly
This Ford Performance M-8604-A50 Smog Pump Eliminator / Idler is meant for off-road use only when your Mustang's air pump isn't needed. It'll let you remove your stock air pump to free up that much-needed extra horsepower, and it also eliminates your factory smog pump. You can use this eliminator / idler on 302 and 351 Mustang applications when the catalytic converter isn't used. Even better? It's made out of lightweight aluminum construction, so you don't have to worry about this adding any extra weight to your Pony. It's a direct bolt-on replacement for stock air pumps and uses a standard serpentine belt. Your order will include a mounting bracket and pulley assembly.
- Not legal for sale or use on pollution-controlled motor vehicles.
- Fits 302/351 Mustang applications when catalytic converter isn't used.
*Will not work with a supercharger. Does not have the mounting hole for the alternator stay brace on the side.