Holley Direct Ignition System Kit MSD Red For Small Block Ford Engine 289/302
Holley Red MSD Direct Ignition System Kit for 289 and 302 Small Block Ford Engines.
This Holley Red MSD Direct Ignition System Kit for your 289 or 302 Small Block Ford Engine greatly simplifies the conversion of conventional distributor-type engines to a Coil-Per-Plug configuration. Aftermarket benefits include the elimination of distributor cap and rotor wear, reduced spark energy losses caused by long spark plug wires and the ability to optimize your ignition tuning parameters to your liking.
Features and Benefits:
- Easily convert to a Coil-Per-Plug ignition system
- Preprogrammed timing maps
- Fully Programmable 2D and 3D Timing maps provide complete timing control
- Individual Cylinder Timing (ICT) allows precise tuning
- Built-in 2.5 bar Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor for boosted applications
- Optional temperature sensor input to control timing based on temperature
- Fully potted electronics and sealed connectors for maximum durability
- Easily programmable through a Mini-USB communication port
- Programmable Max Rev and Launch RPM limiters provide engine protection
- Consistent holeshots thanks to a Programmable Launch Timing Retard
- Single Timing Step Retard ideal for pulling timing for nitrous applications
- On-Board Data Acquisition
The integral 2.5 Bar MAP Sensor, and optional temperature sensor input, mean you get the most power and reliability out of your Naturally Aspirated or Forced Induction engine combo. Additionally, nitrous-fed engines benefit from the included Step Retard feature as well. Drag racers will appreciate the 2-Step Rev Limiter and Launch Retard features this kit provides. Real-time DIS configuration and tune-up changes are a snap with the user friendly MSDView software. Do in no small part to the real-time monitor feature of MSDView, and 8 MB of internal data storage in the DIS controller, data monitoring and logging have never been easier. Along with a full line of supporting components and accessories, the clearly labeled wiring harness takes the difficulty and guesswork out of converting traditional distributor-type engines to a modern and efficient Coil-Per-Plug ignition system.
- 1965-1985 Mustangs
- 1966-1977 Broncos
- 1970-1979 F-100s
Holley has been the undisputed leader in fuel systems for over 100 years. Holley carburetors powered every NASCAR Sprint Cup team and nearly every NHRA Pro–Stock champion for four decades. Now, Holley EFI products power everyday cars and are dominating the performance world.
California Residents: Proposition 65 Warning
This product will fit the following Bronco years:
This product will fit the following F-100 years:
This product will fit the following Mustang years: