Convert your distributor-type engine to a coil-per-plug Holley MSD Direct Ignition System Kit 60153 with a fire red finish for added style and benefits. By upgrading your ignition system, you protect your spark plugs and could prevent future misfires for stronger and better engine performance.
Features and Benefits:
- Fully Programmable 2D and 3D timing maps provide complete timing control
- Built-in 2.5 bar Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor for boosted applications
- Optional temperature sensor input to control timing based on temperature
- Fully potted electronics and sealed connectors for supreme durability
- Simple Mini-USB communication port programming
- Individual Cylinder Timing (ICT) allows precise tuning
- Programmable Max Rev and Launch RPM limiters
- Programmable Launch Timing Retard produces consistent holeshots
- Single Timing Step Retard ideal for pulling timing for nitrous applications
- On-Board Data Acquisition
The MSD Direct Ignition System (DIS) controller greatly simplifies the conversion of conventional distributor-type engines to a Coil-Per-Plug configuration. Benefits include the elimination of distributor cap and rotor wear, reduced spark energy losses caused by long spark plug wires, and the ability to enhance your ignition tuning parameters. The integral 2.5 Bar MAP Sensor, and optional temperature sensor input creates the most power and reliability out of your Naturally Aspirated or Forced Induction engine combination. Nitrous-fed engines benefit from the included Step Retard feature. Speed racers will treat their Mustang engine right by upgrading to the Holley MSD Direct Ignition System, which includes the 2-Step Rev Limiter and Launch Retard features. Real-time DIS configuration and tune-up changes are a snap with easy-to-use MSDView software.
Data monitoring and logging can be a pain, but the real-time monitor feature of MSDView, and 8 MB of internal data storage in the DIS controller will do the work for you. The clearly labeled wiring harness, along with a full line of supporting components and accessories, take the difficulty and guesswork out of converting traditional distributor-type engines to a contemporary and powerful Coil-Per-Plug ignition system.