CJ Pony Parts is here to offer you a brand new Maximum Motorsports Independent Rear Suspension Cross-Axis Joint Replacement Kit (MMIRSB-3) for your 1999-2004 Cobra Mustang! Replace the worn-out Cobra IRS cross-axis joints with Maximum Motorsports' spherical bearing upgrade for less than half the price of OEM Ford replacements! The IRS cross-axis joints are the pivots on the rear uprights (spindles) where the rear control arms attach. Stock replacements for the joints are only available by purchasing a complete rear hub and spindle assembly from your local Ford dealer. Maximum Motorsport's upgraded replacement for the plastic-bushed OEM Ford joints utilizes a high-strength PTFE-lined spherical bearing. These bearings provide long service life, along with effortless future maintenance. The Maximum Motorsports kit (MMIRSB-3) includes tools to aid in removing the OEM Ford joints and installing the Maximum Motorsports replacements.
Features and Benefits:
- PTFE-Lined Spherical Bearing Upgrade
- Complete Kit (Does Both Spindles)
- Proudly Manufactured in the USA!
- Long Service Life, Along with Easier Future Maintenance
- Includes Tool to Aid in Removing the OEM Ford Joints
- Set of Bearing Cup Assembly (4)
- Set of Bearing Insert (4)
- Set of Snap Ring (4)
- Joint Removal Cup (1)
- Thick Installation Washer (1)
- Pair of 7/16-20x5 G8 Bolt (2)
- Pair of 7/16-20x4 G8 Bolt (2)
- 7/16-14x2-3/4 G5 Bolt (1)
- Set of 7/16 SAE G8 Washer (4)
- Set of 7/16-20 G8 Nut (4)
- 7/16-14 Nut (1)
- Snap-ring Plier (1)
- Package of Green Loctite (1)
Please Note: Ford recalled the 1999 Cobra Mustang to replace the IRS uprights because of problems with the cross-axis joints. The Maximum Motorsports kit does not fit the original 1999 uprights; only the uprights that replaced them in the recall, and the post-1999 OEM uprights. (See Installation Instructions)
- 1999-2004 Cobra Mustangs with IRS Rear End
ATTENTION: Due to increased demand for this hand built product, this part may take up to eight weeks for shipment.