The original plastic coolant expansion tanks on 2015-2022 Mustangs are not only a significant eye sore, but they are also prone to failure after years of consistent temperature changes. So eliminate those issues by adding a more reliable performance and style under your hood and purchase this all-new Polished Aluminum Coolant Expansion Tank from Mishimoto.
Features and Benefits:
- Direct Fitment for 2015-2022 Mustangs
- TIG-Welded, 100% Aluminum Construction
- High-Quality Polished Finish
- Internal Baffles Retain Coolant Near Overflow Port During Aggressive Driving
- Significant Increase in Durability
- Prevents Air Entry Into Coolant System
- Comes with Sight Tube to Monitor Levels
- Fits with Factory Overflow Cap
- Overflow Nipple on Fill Neck Permits Installation of Added Overflow Reservoir
- Includes Overflow Hose, Worm-Gear Clamps & Mounting Hardware
- Quick & Easy Installation
This coolant expansion tank from Mishimoto is designed to be a direct fit for your 2015-2022 Mustang. The tank is TIG-welded from 100% aluminum for the maximum amount of durability and longevity during the repeated temperature transitions. Mishimoto then caps this design off with a polished finish to keep your engine bay looking great. The true highlight of Mishimoto's tank is the internal baffles that will prevent any air entry into your coolant system and coolant starvation from the overflow ports to the engine. When you decide to hit the corners hard, or push your acceleration and braking to high-performance levels, the internal baffles will make sure your coolant won't slosh around.
Mishimoto makes sure to include a sight glass to let you properly monitor your hot and cold coolant levels. This coolant expansion tank is also designed to work with your original overflow cap and comes with an overflow nipple on the fill neck. This overflow nipple will let you add on another coolant tank so your Pony is NHRA legal. When you make this purchase, you'll also receive a new overflow hose, three worm-gear clamps and mounting hardware to easily install your new expansion tank correctly in about an hour.
Please Note: After a few hot and cold cycles, it is recommended that you check the sight glass on the side of your new expansion tank to confirm your coolant levels are accurate.
Tech Tip: 22in-lbs is recommended for your worm-gear clamps. These clamps have an operating range of 18-27 in-lbs. so make sure you do not exceed the maximum torque rating of 27 in-lbs.