This Mishimoto (MMOC-MUS8-18T) Oil Cooler Kit will bolster your 2018-2022 Mustang GT's cooling ability. The kit is designed to directly install on your GT without any invasive cutting or drilling. Finally, the Mishimoto 2018-2022 Ford Mustang GT Oil Cooler Kit includes their trusted thermostatic oil sandwich plate to protect against the overcooling of your engine oil.
Features and Benefits:
- Direct fit for the 2018-2022 Ford Mustang GT
- Innovative bar-and-plate oil cooler mounts in the upper grille, allowing more room for supercharger heat exchangers
- Mounting bracket also serves as an air diversion panel, directing the maximum amount of ambient air through the oil cooler
- Pre-made stainless steel braided oil lines with durable -AN fittings
- Includes replacement lower radiator hose to bypass the stock fluid-based oil cooler
- Removes the stock fluid-based oil cooler for less stress on the engine's cooling system
- Billet aluminum thermostatic oil sandwich plate
- Increases oil capacity by 1qt
- Fits with most aftermarket supercharger kits
Mishimoto engineers started with designing a heat exchanger from the ground up, to provide the largest oil cooler they have to offer and mounted directly to the front of the vehicle for optimal airflow. From there, they also developed an application-specific mounting bracket that also serves as a diversion panel to further improve the airflow through the cooler. The Mishimoto kit also includes a set of direct fit stainless-steel braided lines for a secure conduit to and from the cooler completed with -10AN fittings for a simplified installation.
This Kit Includes:
- One (1) Application-Specific Mounting Bracket / Air Diversion Shield
- One (1) Bar and Plate Silver Oil Cooler
- One (1) 2ft 3in Stainless Steel Braided Hose w/ -10AN Fittings
- One (1) 4ft 8in Stainless Steel Braided Hose w/ -10AN Fittings
- One (1) M22 Thermostatic Sandwich Plate
- One (1) Application-Specific, M22 x 1.5 extended length center bolt
- Two (2) M20 x -10AN Straight Fittings
- Two (2) 1/8" NPT Plugs
- One (1) Large O-ring
- One (1) Lower Radiator Hose w/ worm gear clamps
- One (1) Mounting Hardware Set
Tech Tip: Mishimoto recommends that you check all thermostat plugs, NPT plugs, line fittings, and other connections to assure they are fully tightened before operating the vehicle. Also, they suggest to check all connections at regular intervals, especially during the first few miles after installation.
- Installation will require the removal of the stock coolant-based oil cooler and active grille shutters. Removal of the active grille shutters without tuning changes (NOT Included) may cause a check engine light.
- Manufacturer Part Number: MMOC-MUS8-18T