Despite the high-performance of a 2.0 Turbocharged engine, your 2018-2021 Jeep JL Wrangler still needs a Mishimoto Black Oil Separator Catch Can MMBCC-JLH-18CBE to prevent blow-by. Protecting the engine from blow-by also preserves your fuel efficiency. The heavy-duty 7.5-ounce catch can secures short hose runs and maintains proper octane levels for a significant improvement to the underhood performance of your JL Wrangler.
Features and Benefits:
- Directly Fits 2018-2021 Jeep Wrangler JL with 2.0T Hurricane 4-Cylinder
- Accommodates factory pressure sensor for CEL-free running
- Durable 3mm thick steel bracket mounts the catch can securely while maintaining short hose runs
- Helps prevent carbon buildup on intake valves
- Helps maintain proper octane levels to reduce potential detonation
- Includes direct-fit hoses with pre-installed fittings for quick and easy installation
- 7.5 oz. capacity for longer service intervals
- CNC-machined aluminum barbed fittings create a secure connection between lines and can
- Filter and can are fully serviceable
- Drain Plug Thread Size3/8" NPT
- Capacity 7.5 oz
Carbon buildup from leaking oil into the piston rings and cylinder walls causes crankcase pressure. As a result, blow-by is then vented into the intake to be re-burned. Blow-by becomes an issue with direct-injected engines when it passes the intake valves. With the Mishimoto Oil Separator Catch Can, there won't be any carbon buildup to prevent valves from closing fully or from disrupting the airflow. The oil catch can kit diverts oil away from the intake valves and into a 7.5 oz catch can. You can then recycle the contents of the catch can with your next oil change. The internal air diverters and baffle of our catch can thoroughly condense oil, fuel, and water vapor so that the only air flowing through your intake is fresh air. In addition, our direct-fit lines and high-flow filter ensure CEL-free running.
- (1) Black, Anodized 6061 Aluminum 7.5 oz Catch Can
- (2) Direct-Fit Oil Resistant Hoses
- (2) CNC-Machined Aluminum Barbed Fittings
- (3) High-Torque Worm Gear Clamps
- (1) High-Flow Filter
- (1) Air Diverter
- (1) Internal Baffle & Rod
- (1) 3/8" NPT Plug
- (1) Large O-Ring
- (2) Zip Ties
- Mounting Hardware
- Install Torque Specs22 in-lbs (2.5N*M) recommended for all worm-gear clamps. These clamps have an operating range of 18-27 in-lbs 2-3N*M. Do not exceed the maximum torque rating of 27 in-lbs (3N*M).
- Due to the high sensitivity of the CCV pressure sensor, Mishimoto recommends you not use a drain kit with this catch can. This catch can kit is engineered to replicate the pressure conditions of the stock CCV system and any change to the volume or flow of the system may trigger the check engine light.
- After installation, Mishimoto recommends checking the contents of the baffled catch cans every 500 miles until a baseline is established. Oil blow-by accumulation will vary with ambient temperatures and driving conditions. It is important that the contents of the can do not rise above the internal baffle.