Showing 1-20 of 128 results
- MSD Coil Packs Red Set Focus ST 2013-2018/Focus RS 2016-2018$190.76 Regular Price $211.95
- MSD Coil Pack Red Set 3.5L EcoBoost F-150 2011-2014$249.26 Regular Price $276.95
- MSD Spark Plug Wire Super Conductor For HEI Style Cap Set Red 289/302$92.66 Regular Price $102.95
- MSD Ignition Coil Blaster II 45000-Volt Red Round For Use With Carbureted Engines$47.87 Regular Price $53.19
- MSD Coil Packs Blue Set Focus ST 2013-2018/Focus RS 2016-2018$190.76 Regular Price $211.95
- MSD Distributor Cap And Rotor Kit V8 1986-1995$34.36 Regular Price $38.18
- MSD 6AL Digital Ignition Box With Rev Limiter$242.96 Regular Price $269.95
- MSD Ignition Coil TFI 1986-1995$48.01 Regular Price $53.34
- MSD 2-Step Launch Master Module 5.0L 2011-2016 Before 2/23/16$226.76 Regular Price $251.95
- MSD Ignition Coil Street Fire Black$37.76 Regular Price $41.96
- MSD Ignition Coil Blaster II 45000-Volt Black Round For Use With Carbureted Engines$48.07 Regular Price $53.41
- MSD 2-Step Launch Master Module 5.0L After 2/23/16 2016-2017$220.46 Regular Price $244.95
- MSD Coil Packs Black Set Focus ST 2013-2018/Focus RS 2016-2018$190.76 Regular Price $211.95
- MSD 6A Ignition Box Red$209.66 Regular Price $232.95
- MSD Spark Plug Wires Street Fire For Socket Style Cap Set Black 289/302 1965-1973$39.82 Regular Price $44.24
- MSD Ignition Coil Packs 4.6 3V GT 2005-2010$247.46 Regular Price $274.95
- MSD Distributor Ready-To-Run With Steel Gear 260/289/302$440.06 Regular Price $488.95
Showing 1-20 of 128 results
MSD got its start in the early months of 1970 in El Paso, Texas, and was founded as a research and development company by a group of engineers that had previously worked at the White Sand Missile Range in New Mexico. The group of engineers and their other partners established MSD in order to begin working on a lean burn fuel system for drag racing automobiles and other racing engine assemblies. This system was called the electrasonic fuel induction system, and was designed to help improve fuel economy of new and older automobiles, reducing the amount of fuel needed to make the race cars go the same amount of distance.
During the process of perfecting the new fuel system, the engineers and technical specialists soon found the air and fuel mixture was becoming so lean with this system that it was difficult for conventional breaker points and early electronic ignitions to ignite it. This dilemma drove the men of MSD to begin investigating a newly designed ignition system using a modern technology known as capacitive discharge, or CD. This new CD ignition design corrected the previous problems of failed ignition and opened doors for MSD, as they had developed an excellent new ignition system that was more efficient than previous designs.
MSD has since grown from the small company that it started as to become an industry leader that employs a work force of over 400 individuals. This work force consists of highly trained design and function engineers, technicians and assembly specialists. Together this collection of skilled workers compete the process of designing, developing, testing and manufacturing the entire line of MSD equipment, ensuring that each piece of MSD merchandise performs perfectly, and meets the high quality standards that MSD has upheld since they got their start. Take the time to browse through CJ Pony Parts' online inventory of MSD ignition and fuel system equipment above and find a piece that will solve your Mustang's problems.