Showing 1-20 of 51 results
- MSD Distributor Cap And Rotor Kit V8 1986-1995$34.36 Regular Price $38.18
- MSD Distributor Ready-To-Run With Steel Gear 260/289/302$440.06 Regular Price $488.95
- MSD Distributor Cap HEI Replacement For DIST14/MSD8455/MSD8582/MSD8598$33.69 Regular Price $37.43
- MSD Distributor Ready-To-Run With Iron Gear 260/289/302$400.46 Regular Price $444.95
- MSD Distributor Billet With Steel Gear For MSD Ignition Control 260/289/302$292.64 Regular Price $319.95
- MSD Distributor Street Pro-Billet With Iron Gear For MSD 6/7/8 Series Ignition Box 260/289/302$314.96 Regular Price $349.95
- MSD Distributor Ready-To-Run Pro Billet With Rev Limiter FE 352/360/390/427/428$411.26 Regular Price $456.95
- MSD Distributor Billet 351W$273.56 Regular Price $303.95
- MSD Distributor TFI Street Fire With Ignition Module EFI 5.0L 1986-1993$199.76 Regular Price $221.95
- MSD Rotor Replacement For MSD8582 And MSD8598$19.38 Regular Price $21.53
- MSD Distributor Billet Mechanical Advance With Iron Gear For MSD 6/7/8 Series Ignition Box 260/289/302$278.06 Regular Price $308.95
- MSD Rotor Replacement For MSD8350/MSD8595/MSD8352$10.16 Regular Price $11.29
- MSD Distributor Pro-Billet With Mechanical Advance Black For MSD Ignition Box 260/289/302$307.25 Regular Price $335.95
- MSD Distributor With Iron Gear Black Ready to Run 260/289/302$414.86 Regular Price $460.95
- MSD Distributor Pro Billet For MSD Ignition Control 260/289/302$290.66 Regular Price $322.95
- MSD Distributor Ready-to-Run Mechanical Advance with Black Cap 260/289/302$403.16 Regular Price $447.95
- MSD Distributor Pro-Billet Small Cap Black For MSD Ignition Box 351W$313.64 Regular Price $342.95
Showing 1-20 of 51 results
MSD got its start in the early months of 1970 in El Paso, Texas, and was founded as a research and development company by a group of engineers that had previously worked at the White Sand Missile Range in New Mexico. The group of engineers and their other partners established MSD in order to begin working on a lean burn fuel system for drag racing automobiles and other racing engine assemblies. This system was called the electrasonic fuel induction system, and was designed to help improve fuel economy of new and older automobiles, reducing the amount of fuel needed to make the race cars go the same amount of distance.
During the process of perfecting the new fuel system, the engineers and technical specialists soon found the air and fuel mixture was becoming so lean with this system that it was difficult for conventional breaker points and early electronic ignitions to ignite it. This dilemma drove the men of MSD to begin investigating a newly designed ignition system using a modern technology known as capacitive discharge, or CD. This new CD ignition design corrected the previous problems of failed ignition and opened doors for MSD, as they had developed an excellent new ignition system that was more efficient than previous designs.
MSD has since grown from the small company that it started as to become an industry leader that employs a work force of over 400 individuals. This work force consists of highly trained design and function engineers, technicians and assembly specialists. Together this collection of skilled workers compete the process of designing, developing, testing and manufacturing the entire line of MSD equipment, ensuring that each piece of MSD merchandise performs perfectly, and meets the high quality standards that MSD has upheld since they got their start. Take the time to browse through CJ Pony Parts' online inventory of MSD ignition and fuel system equipment above and find a piece that will solve your Mustang's problems.