Mustang 5-Lug Front Disc Brake Kits 1964-2021
Showing 1-20 of 109 results
- CJ Classics Disc Brake Conversion Kit Front V8 Mustang 1965-1966/ 1967-1969$713.44 Regular Price $750.99
- CJ Classics Power Disc Brake Conversion Kit Red With Drilled/ Slotted Rotors Front/Rear Mustang V8 Automatic 1965-1966$1,299.99 Regular Price $1,499.99
- Master Power Front Disc Brake Conversion Kit Legend Series With Plain Rotors V8 1965-1966$1,139.74 Regular Price $1,174.99
- Master Power Front Disc Brake Conversion Kit Manual With V8 Spindles 1965-1966$969.99 Regular Price $999.99
- Scott Drake Disc Brake Conversion Kit Mustang V8 5-Lug 1965-1969$809.39 Regular Price $851.99
- Scott Drake Disc Brake Conversion Kit 5-Lug 6-Cylinder Mustang 1965-1966$834.26 Regular Price $973.99
- Scott Drake Front Disc Brake Conversion Kit With Dual Bowl Master Cylinder For Non Power Front Drum Brakes 1967-1969$1,016.49 Regular Price $1,069.99
- Master Power Front Disc Brake Conversion Kit Manual Transmission 1967-1969$1,066.02 Regular Price $1,098.99
- Scott Drake Front Power Disc Brake Conversion Kit Automatic Transmission Mustang V8 1970$1,254.94 Regular Price $1,320.99
Showing 1-20 of 109 results
5-Lug Front Disc Brake Kits
While some First Generation and Fox Body Ford Mustangs were outfitted with four-lug rims, 5-lug axles and wheels rapidly became the standard. From 1964.5-1973, four-lug wheels were standard equipment on V6 pony cars, but the V8 models featured 5-lug rims. During the Fox Body era, the only 5-lug Mustang wheels were found on the 1993 Cobra R. By the end of the Third Generation, however, the 4-lug rims were phased out entirely, with five-lug wheels taking the reins across the Mustang platform.
In addition to the wheels themselves, the Ford Motor Company made several changes to the Mustang’s braking system throughout each generational shift. The much more efficient discs replaced brake drums for the front brakes on most units produced after the First Generation. Five-lug wheels are at times synonymous with a disc braking system, but many classic five-lugs still feature those outdated and heat-trapping brake discs.
Due to the various laws of physics, it is important to have disc brakes up front, particularly in a high-performance vehicle such as a Ford Mustang. The easiest way to make the conversion is to invest in an all-new Mustang 5-lug front disc brake kit! Making a brake conversion of any kind involves countless new parts and all of the hardware needed to install them in place. Purchasing a Ford Mustang 5-lug front disc brake kit from the get-go, however, will save you both time and effort in the long run.
Among their many parts & accessories, most aftermarket Mustang 5-lug front disc brake kits contain high-performance calipers, which lay the foundation for a much better braking performance. Unlike the calipers on a drum setup, the aftermarket calipers and braking components in a disc brake conversion kit will rapidly dissipate heat, which will reduce the risk of brake fade and help your braking components last much longer.
Even if you are completely satisfied with your drum brakes in the rear, it is still strongly recommended that you have disc brakes up front, and a Ford Mustang 5-lug front disc brake kit can help you make the seamless transition. Whether you are looking to completely modernize your First Generation build or if you are simply looking to add more stopping power to your late-model pony, you cannot go wrong with a new 5-lug front disc brake kit!
Find the Best Mustang 5-Lug Front Disc Brake Kits at CJ Pony Parts
The brakes are arguably the hardest worked system in your entire Ford Mustang, but it rarely gets the TLC it deserves. Wheel brakes, particularly brake drums, can wear out fast for a variety of reasons, and any issues can put your safety and the safety of your passengers in jeopardy. Rather than simply replacing your stock drums to save a few bucks, why not invest in a new Mustang 5-lug front disc brake conversion kit to help prevent any future problems?
Whatever goals that you have in mind for your vehicle and its braking system, CJ Pony Parts would love to help! CJ’s is proud to be your one-stop-shop for the best Mustang five-lug front disc brakes kits and braking accessories around! Because we are dedicated to helping you preserve your build, CJ Pony Parts only carries aftermarket front disc brake conversion kits from the most trusted names in the industry.
Regardless of which popular brand that you select, you can rest easy knowing that your muscle car’s braking system will be in excellent hands for many years to come! In order to serve as many Ford fans as possible, CJ’s offers 5-lug front disc brake kits for First Generation and Fox Body Mustangs. Each kit differs slightly in what they offer, but each set contains all of the aftermarket braking parts that you need as well as all of the hardware needed to install them.
Be sure to note your vehicle’s correct year as well as any specific fitment requirements before you make your final purchase. What are you waiting for? Head over to CJ Pony Parts for the best Mustang 5-Lug front disc brake kits on the market today!