Mustang Brake Pads 1964-2020
- Disc Brake Pad Front Set Mustang 1968-1973$26.59 Regular Price $27.99
- 5.0 Front Disc Pads 1985-1986$22.39 Regular Price $31.99
- Power Disc Brake Conversion Kit Front And Rear With Plain Rotors Automatic Transmission 1967-1969$1,079.99 Regular Price $1,199.99
- Power Disc Brake Conversion Kit Front And Rear With Drilled/Slotted Rotors Automatic Transmission 1967-1969$1,187.49 Regular Price $1,249.99
- Power Disc Brake Conversion Kit Front And Rear With Plain Rotors Automatic Transmission V8 1965-1966$1,092.49 Regular Price $1,149.99
- Power Disc Brake Conversion Kit Front With Red Drilled/Slotted Rotors V8 1965-1966$944.99 Regular Price $1,049.99
- Rear Brake Caliper Pair With Brake Pads V6/GT 2005-2014$265.77 Regular Price $273.99
- Rear Brake Caliper Pair With Brake Pads V6/ GT 1994-2004$245.09 Regular Price $257.99
- Front Brake Caliper Pair With Brake Pads GT/V6 1994-1998$242.24 Regular Price $254.99
- Manual Pedal Pad Kit SVO 1984$28.49 Regular Price $29.99
- Brake Upgrade Kit SVO 5.0L 1987-1993$169.99 Regular Price $199.99
- Performance Brake Upgrade Kit 5.0L 1987-1993$197.99 Regular Price $219.99
- Disc/Drum Brake Kit Factory 5.0L 1987-1993$242.99 Regular Price $269.99
- Disc/Drum Brake Kit Factory 5.0L 1983-1986$218.49 Regular Price $229.99
- Power Disc Brake Conversion Kit Front And Rear With Red Drilled/Slotted Rotors Automatic Transmission 1967-1969$1,329.99 Regular Price $1,399.99
- Disc Brake Conversion Kit Front And Rear With Plain Rotors V8 1965-1966 / All 1967-1969$944.99 Regular Price $1,049.99
- Power Disc Brake Conversion Kit Front With Black Drilled/Slotted Rotors V8 1965-1966$944.99 Regular Price $1,049.99
Give your Mustang the stopping power that’s needed to bring your Pony to a halt quickly and safely. CJ Pony Parts offers several different brake pad compounds from the best names in the industry. That way, you can sleep well at night knowing that you can approach any turn with confidence in your Mustang’s braking ability.
Picking The Right Hawk Performance Brake Pad Compound
Sometimes, choosing the right brake pad compound can be difficult. If your Mustang is mostly a street car, you’re probably going to want a pad that bites well but is quiet when hitting the brakes and coming to a stop. More times than not, the Hawk Performance HPS is a happy medium when it comes to both street and track use. Make of a ferro-carbon compound, you can expect a relatively quiet pad and low dust so you don’t have to clean your wheels as much.
If your Mustang is strictly a street car and you’re looking for maximum comfort out of your brake pads, then the Hawk Ceramic pads will be your go-to. These offer good braking and are made of a performance ceramic compound that offers extremely quiet operation with ultra-low dust. If your car is a daily driver that doesn’t see much of the track or dragstrip, then ceramic pads are your pad of choice.
Now, if you want to up the scale to max, then you should take a look at Hawk Performance HP Plus. These brake pads have excellent bite that work great under the high-heat conditions produced from autocross and track driving conditions. Made of an aggressive ferro-carbon compound, these HP Plus pads are fade resistant and produce more braking noise and dust.
Regardless of what you choose for your Mustang brakes, CJ Pony Parts has a wide variety of choices to make an educated decision on what type of pad is best for your pony car build. Be sure to check out our selection of brake pads right here at CJ’s!