Mustang Fans & Fan Shrouds 1964-2021
- Electric Fan With Adjustable Thermostat 15" 2800 CFM S-Blade Mustang 5.0L 1979-1993$166.49 Regular Price $184.99
- Dakota Digital Electric Fan Controller Bluetooth Control 70 Amp$130.49 Regular Price $144.99
- Flex-A-Lite Fan Pusher Electric 16" Flex-Wave Loboy Universal$181.79 Regular Price $207.99
- Flex-A-Lite Electric Fan Reversible Flex-Wave 14" Universal$142.19 Regular Price $162.99
- Flex-A-Lite Quick Start Variable Temperature Controller$172.79 Regular Price $197.99
Fans and Fan Shrouds
Have you ever seen a car broken down at a stop light or in stop and go traffic? It could be because the engine overheated due to lack of proper cooling. A common factor that could easily fail on early model Mustangs would be the cooling fan. The cooling fan, held on by a fan shroud, is responsible for keeping fresh air moving while the car isn’t moving.
How Do Mustang Cooling Fans Work?
Every internal combustion engine creates heat. This is due to the fact there are multiple mini-explosions going off in each cylinder at any given time. A bi-product of these mini-explosions is not only energy but also heat. A lot of heat.
In order for an engine to stay at maximum efficiency, there is a given operating temperature that needs to be obtained. This is controlled by a thermostat, much like what you would use to control the heating and cooling in your home. If the engine feels that it needs additional cooling to the radiator, which cools the engine coolant running through the block, then the electric fan will turn on. If you have a belt-driven fan, like many classic cars, then it runs all the time with the belt drive on the front of the motor.
Get Your Mustang Cooling Fans & Fan Shrouds At CJ’s!
With a variety of different size and brand cooling fans and shrouds available for your Mustang, CJ’s has what you need to get your Mustang back on the road and keep it cool even on the hottest of summer days!