Mustang SCT X3 Power Flash Tuner (1996-2013) Installation Instructions
1996-2013 Mustang SCT X3 Flash Programmer with Custom Tune
This X3 Power Flash Computer Programmer from SCT, with custom tune, is for all 1996-2013 Ford Mustangs.
Squeeze more power out of your 1996-2013 Mustang using the X3 Tuner from SCT! For a Mustang GT, it is possible to gain up to 30 horsepower, while V6s, supercharged and other modified Mustangs can gain even more! CJ Pony Parts will provide one custom tune based specifically on your car and any modifications done.
- Easy Project
1. To begin the installation of your Mustang SCT X3/3000 Power Flash Tuner, locate your car's OBDII Port. On 1996-2004 models, the OBDII Port is under the steering wheel, on the bottom right corner, near the center console. On 2005+ models, your OBDII Port will be directly below the headlight switch, under the dash.
2. Plug your Mustang programmer into your car's OBDII Port.
3. Once you plug the Mustang tuner into your car, it will automatically power on. Scroll over to "Program Vehicle" and click "Select." Then, select "Custom Tune." You can choose from up to 3 different custom tunes. Select whichever tune you would like to use. Next, select "Skip Options," unless you want to make adjustments to your custom tune (which is not common).
4. Follow the on-screen prompts to download the custom tune to your Mustang. The download process itself may take several minutes.
5. When the Mustang SCT X3/3000 Power Flash Programmer prompts you that it has completed tuning your car, disconnect the tuner from the OBDII port. Next, start your car and make sure it starts and runs smoothly. It is recommended that you let your car sit and idle for 5 minutes after re-flashing your computer so it can relearn the idle before taking it for a drive. After letting it idle for 5 minutes, take the car for a drive and enjoy the extra power!