Restore the function of the A/C, Heat and defrost system in your classic 1960-1963 Chevrolet C10 with this Old Air Products CAP-6310 Hurricane A/C And Defrost Kit with Electronic Slide Control. Attaching to the firewall using existing holes in firewall, the included A/C and Heater fittings pass through the original square blower motor inlet hole with a custom rubber grommet. Retaining a majority of the glove box, this kit leaves valuable space in the dash for a radio, CD player and gauges. The control package includes new electronic slide control that fits into the original dash opening. Infinitely variable high-torque servo motors offer complete control of defrost and heater valve functions.
Features and Benefits:
- For 1960-1963 Chevy C10s
- Mounts to firewall
- Replaces factory heater box
- Two lever style heater control panel
- Hurricane Heat Cool & Defrost unit
- Electronic slide control
- Wire harness
- Electronic bypass heater valve
- Underdash louvers
- Duct hose
- Expansion valve
- Condensation drain tube
- Condenser assembly with drier and tubes
- A/C hose kit
- Compressor mounting bracket
- Pressure safety switch
- All necessary hardware
- This A/C system is for use with 134-A refrigerant
- Typically a short water pump was used on Chevrolet Small block V8 engines in trucks up to 1972
- Determine which bracket is needed to mount the compressor
- How to measure a Chevy water pump: Measure from the pulley mounting flange to the front of the engine where the water pump is bolted to the block (Short water pump: 5-5/8”; Long water pump: 7”).
- This part is non-returnable.
The leader in air conditioning systems and replacement parts for classic, custom and antique vehicles, Old Air Products was established in 1989 with the concept of manufacturing an A/C, Heat and Defrost system that would fit any vehicle. Their focus on customer needs sets them apart from the competition in more ways than one.