No matter the time of the year, an upgraded A/C unit is necessary for the driver of a bold Chevy C10. Increase the value and the comfort of your drive on your 1964-1966 restoration project with an Old Air Products Hurricane Series A/C Heat and Defrost Kit CAP-6600S.
Features and Benefits:
- Mounts in Factory Location
- Custom Mounting Plates
- Integrates Original Lever Style Heater Control
- Complete Assembly with Condenser/Drier
- Hurricane heat cool and defrost unit
- Mounting kit with bracket/plates/hardware
- Integrated control package
- Wire harness
- Electronic bypass heater valve
- Underdash louvers
- Duct hose
- Condenser assembly with drier and tubes
- A/C hose kit
- Compressor mounting bracket
- Pressure safety switch
The Hurricane Series A/C Heat and Defrost Kit CAP-6600S mounts to the firewall via the existing cut-outs in your C10 firewall. Custom mounting plates position the A/C unit so the mounting fits through the original square blower motor inlet hole and seal with a custom rubber grommet. The louvers are secured neatly along the bottom edge of the dash. The control package includes a deluxe replica lever control that fits into the original factory dash opening. The Hurricane unit retains the glove box and leaves behind substantial room for radio, CD player, and gauges. Old Air Products supplies the kit with a complete system, including a condenser/drier assembly with custom tubes that go through the core support and route pass proficiently underneath the battery tray.
*Measure the Chevy water pump from the pulley mounting flange to the front of the engine where the water pump is bolted to the block (Short water pump: 5-5/8”. Long water pump: 7”).
- Typically a short water pump was used on Chevrolet Small block V8 engines in trucks up to 1972.
- This part is non-returnable.