Upgrade your Mustang with an electronically integrated control unit for modernized features in your classic car. The Old Air Products Hurricane Electronic Air Conditioning, Heat and Defrost Kit CAP-1368M-289 With Factory Air Conditioning for 1968 Mustangs with 289 engines grants you the ability to install directly into the firewall with all the necessary hardware included.
Features and Benefits:
- Complete Heat, A/C and Defrost System
- Mounts Directly to Firewall
- Hassle-Free Installation
- Electronic Control Module
- Custom Condenser SuperKool Assembly
- Hurricane Heat Cool and Defrost Unit
- Integrated Electronic Control Package
- Mounting Bracket and Hardware
- Louver Package
- Compressor Bracket (Actual Bracket and/or Pulley may Vary from Photo) (Mustang 289 only)
- Compressor Binary Safety Switch
- Condenser Assembly with Drier
- A/C Hose Kit
- Three-Groove Crankshaft Pulley
*Includes a Sanden style Compressor and bracket which mounts on the original 289 engine.
The Hurricane series by Old Air Products includes an air conditioning, heat and defrost system that mounts to the firewall for a complete replacement of the factory heater box. This kit provides a custom rubber grommet for continue hassle-free installation as the A/C and heater fittings pass neatly through original blower motor hole. The electronic switching package mounts onto the original factory A/C control bezel with an adapter for factory A/C louvers. The electronic control module provides a variety of control over the A/C, heater and defrost functions. The custom condenser assembly provides maximum cooling capacity and airflow using an aluminum Superkool condenser assembly with factory style drier and mounting brackets with in-dash center louver and custom corner louvers.
Please note: This A/C system is for use with 134-A refrigerant.